User Tag List

Thread: Design 11 Hooded sweater

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 11 Hooded sweater

Love this pattern but as the pp say.. it runs short and wide. I saw that as I was making it and took off alot of the width and cut it a little longer.. thank goodness too because it now is a perfect fit! I also sewed the pocket on the top of the hoodie to give it an unfinished look.. Very happy with the final result!

KaTiE

Sewing mama to 5 marvelous MoNstErS!
    Tristen, 12
    Tiara, 10
    Owen, 6

and my TwInKieS
    Isaac and Iris, 3.5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 11 Hooded sweater

My son's holey hoodie is shown in this sns: http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=138376

I found the pattern wide/short. I didn't alter it though, just added a bit of a thicker band. The instructions for the pocket did not make sense. The pattern piece had the pocket holes marked, but from how it looked in the pic, the holes are to be on the outer piece, so it was confusing. I just marked the holes (enlarged a bit) onto the hoodie front piece instead of the jersey pocket piece. Next time I would reduce a tad of width, lengthen, and enlarge the whole pocket piece so I could spread the pockets further apart.

Also, for my child who apparently has a large head, the hood looks funny when you put it up because it pulls the front of the top up. So I will also add length to the hood for next time to avoid that pulling which drives me nuts!

My Blog:

Kelley Homeschooling mama to Jennah - 14, Gavin - 13, Braden - 11, Mariah - 9, and Carter - 8.
    Check out this page with awesome info on notebooking for homeschoolers!