User Tag List

Thread: Design 38 Seahorse swimsuit

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 38 Seahorse swimsuit

Size 92-134cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 38 Seahorse swimsuit

Right swimsuit is the "Seahorse"

I made a 98 and decided to not have ties on the shoulders. I only cut out 2 of the straps and that ended up being the perfect length.
    Last edited by beachmom; 01-21-2010 at 07:26 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I really like this suit! The coverage is perfect. Size 92 with the length of a 98 - my daughter has a long torso, but I think I could have gotten away with not lengthening it after all. Also, this is my first time sewing with the Chez Ami fabric (that I got on clearance) and I love it! Oh, it called for clear elastic on the legs but I just used cotton elastic - wasn't in the mood to wrestle with lastin, lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

in 98cm, sizing is spot on. i also did want to do ties and find the straps fits her perfectly. i also added a skirt, my reason for more coverage, and she is over the moon, it looks like a skirt, so good compromise

Last edited by northernmama; 04-23-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have a pic but I did make this for my dd in 09 and morphed 3 sizes to get the fit correct to her measurements and this suit was phenomenal!

I've always had trouble with suits being too wide in the leg and showing bits but this one was per.fect! And I used cotton elastic too.
    Proud bio mama to three- 23b, 19b, 15g
    Foster mama to many- J, b 12/2013, been here since 4/15 & L, b 8/16, been here since 11/16

Downloads
    Uploads

Seems that the pink and white polka dots are popular for this one. I made one of these for both girls several years ago with the ties. The fit is perfect!

This year, I altered the pattern to morph it into a tankini for YDD. I skipped the tying shoulders this time and did criss-cross attached straps. Look how she's grown!

Sandra
    DH (Love of my Life)
    DD#1 (Allie, 8)
    DD#2 (Jenna, 5)
    My machines: Janome TB30, Juki Pearl MO-655 Serger, Brother 2340CV, Janome Memorycraft 350E

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

This year's suits:

Ottobre Design Swimsuits Remix x2 by beach_mom_3, on Flickr

I cut the Seahorse swimsuit into a tankini top and used the Seamus trunks for the tankini bottoms.

Seahorse, Seahorse by beach_mom_3, on Flickr

For this one I cut the Seahorse into a tankini top and bottoms. I also sandwiched clear elastic in the straps as the straps in the first picture have stretched out a bit.

I absolutely love this swimsuit pattern. It fits perfectly!

Cindy