OK, here are a few:

Make a yoke and change the orientation of the front panel:

And use binding:

Add a kangaroo pocket with an embroidery patch as a second pocket:

Widen a bit and lengthen to make a night shirt:

Make into a cross over and a dress:

I'll keep looking............. .
    Marcey ~ Hadyn's Mum
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW, this HAS to be one of my favorite threads ever!! :allisonundies

~xoxoNutmeg~

The SAHMama Emily (21, college grad who has a great full time job with a non profit company) Mary (11, loves reading classics and is off to middle school in the fall!) and Melissa (9, the happy go lucky bundle of energy that keeps us on our toes!)

(filling up Summer 2013)

, Doula, midwifery fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love this thread too, it;'s giving me ideas I haven't ever thought about!
    Hope

SAHM to Paige-6 and Kelsey-3

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by arasmama
    Turn your raglan into a tank.
    I love this! How do you finish the arms?

mike Guest
    I thought of another one I've done (don't have a pic, though, sorry)--put in a front placket and use a purchased knit collar. Makes for a very professional looking shirt, :LOL2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look at the muscles on that girl!

I love this thread. Lots of great ideas I've never thought of.
    Mama smocked Easter dress, April 2009. Too bad the sun's so bright you can't see it!

Downloads
    Uploads

More for sale batiks knits (boys too) MM, AH, TT

Quote Originally Posted by Kori
    Quote Originally Posted by arasmama
    Turn your raglan into a tank.
    I love this! How do you finish the arms?
    I promise I will write better instructions for some.

For that one, I cut the sleeves down so they stopped right before the end of her shoulders. Hem the end of the sleeve. After hemming, serge the sleeve to the front and back bodice like you would a regular raglan. The sleeve will end before the armsycle, just keep serging until you get to the end of the armsycle. Serge the side seam on both sides. Then topstitch down the seam allowance at the arms, like you normally do on a raglan, but when it comes to the end of the sleeve/bodice, you just keep going and also topstitch down the hem of the underarm.

You can do this before or after you serge the side seams. I like to do it after and just start at the neck, go down the arm, under the arm, and back up the other sleeve to the neck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Make a mock wrap with an empire line and attach a flared the skirt.

Add ruffles that are rolled hem across the bodice.

Make a mock wrap and add a ruffle to the neck.

Zig zag clear elastic into the sleeve.

Make a boat neck by bringing the neckline up almost straight across.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow - what great ideas! Allison, your ingenuity amazes me!

I'll definitely be watching this thread for a while. I'd love more details about how to add a hood to a regular shirt... thanks for starting this thread!

Kirsten
    Jen sahm to Emma, May 2003

the only time they ever get along!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a ton, but I think Allison covered most of mine. LOL

Here's one I just finished. This was my attempt at cap sleeves, but I need to make them shorter next time, as they're too long. Excuse the hem, my coverstitcher was giving me fits. :doh

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg
    WOW, this HAS to be one of my favorite threads ever!! :allisonundies
    Mine Too! says she that is finally getting over her fear of shirts
    Angela
    Belly dancing-fiber obsessed momma to Katia & Luka and proud Army wife.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am one of those that are scared to modify or make my own patterns so I am really looking forward to this!! :drool

Did you say that it was going in a newsletter? I assume theres a subscription or something?
    ~*Jenn*~
    Wife to My Jim

Mama to an alien, a baby, a boss and SM to a diva.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennbenr
    I am one of those that are scared to modify or make my own patterns so I am really looking forward to this!! :drool

Did you say that it was going in a newsletter? I assume theres a subscription or something?
    No, it will go on the site. Probably downloads.

We've talked of a newsletter, but not gotten it off the ground. If anyone wants to be editor and organize, please speak up!

Downloads
    Uploads
    never made it, but just had an idea, what about taking a raglan tshirt with capped sleeves and making where the shoulder seams join gathered -- I mean the sleeve bit gathered so the sleeve looks ruched. Does that make any sense?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet
    never made it, but just had an idea, what about taking a raglan tshirt with capped sleeves and making where the shoulder seams join gathered -- I mean the sleeve bit gathered so the sleeve looks ruched. Does that make any sense?
    I tried that once, I'll see if I have a pic. I made it more like a band at the shoulder rather than a raglan sleeve if that makes sense.

I'll write up how I did the wrap top (I'm wearing it now!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    bump, cause I thought this was fabulous! A Jaymie bodice one would be great too

~xoxoNutmeg~

The SAHMama Emily (21, college grad who has a great full time job with a non profit company) Mary (11, loves reading classics and is off to middle school in the fall!) and Melissa (9, the happy go lucky bundle of energy that keeps us on our toes!)

(filling up Summer 2013)

, Doula, midwifery fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do have it bookmarked, I just don't know if I will get to it this week. Still a few more things on my to-do list before I can do this one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    great thread!
    my problem is always sleeves! I don't understand how the shape of the sleeve coinsides with the armscycle... so if I want to make the sleave a different shape how do I redraw the armscycle...

I love the "muscle" raglan, I think it'll be great for my ds!
    Camarell the seamstress formally known as Camie
    mama to ACDEFGH ^I^

**ISO Baby Nay Trains Stripe Knit**

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not as innovative, but how about lettuce edging the sleeves (and hem, when appropriate)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The t-shirt mods are great. I really need a basic t-shirt pattern to stsrt with though. I know there are a gazzilion patterns out there but if someone could point me to one that would work for kids from size 18 months to 5T?
    Does KwikSew have one. thats not too boxy? Or maybe Ottobre? Not sure what issue though?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast