User Tag List

Thread: Nintendo DS case w clear plastic game slots dwnld

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: In progress: DS case w clear plastic game slo

On to the other flap.

SMALLER INNER FLAP
    Take your inner inner flap piece and attach the plastic pieces in the same way as for the larger flap. Only this time you are NOT attaching the Velcro to the inner fabric piece. Be sure to leave yourself at least 1/4 inch seam allowance. I put my plastic pieces in the center to ensure seam allowance room on either side.

Sew along the bias tape on one side only of each piece. Using your template again, stitch across the plastic pieces to create 6 more game pockets.

Now stitch your loop/hook side of your Velcro strip onto the OUTER fabric piece along one 6.5" edge about 3/4 inch from the edge.

Make another fabric sandwich with your outer and inner fabrics right side together and you batting on the bottom of the outer fabric. This is the tricky part... Make sure the Velcro side is the top and the opening of the pockets are up too. The opening of the pockets on the inner fabric should be pointing toward the Velcro strip outer fabric. This is opposite of the large main flap above.

Stitch around the 3 sides (side - bottom - side). The top side is the Velcro side on this flap. Leave it open to turn your flap right sides out. Top stitch, going very slowly over the plastic. Zigzag, overlock or serge the top side shut. Your smaller inside flap is now done. Put aside for later.

This picture shows the position of the pockets in relation to the Velcro.

STRAP
    Iron 1/4 inch fold along each long edge of your strap pieces.

Place them wrong sides together lining up edges as much as possible. Stitch 1/8 inch or less on each side. For lighter weight fabrics, I like to do a series of longitudinal stitches for extra strength. I do this by stitching 1/8 inch from the previous stitch line over the entire width. You end up with about 7 stitching rows. I did this for the other cases above. The denim was too thick for this, and I liked it better with just one stitching line on each side. You can make your straps however you like.

Put your strap aside for later.
    Last edited by breylormom; 07-19-2009 at 11:08 AM.
    Tricia: wife to wonderful DH and mother to 2 princesses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.