User Tag List

Thread: How to Silk Screen in 10 Easy(ish) Steps

Hybrid View

marzipan is offline Queen of the Noun T-shirts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: How to Silk Screen in 10 Easy(ish) Steps

Thanks guys! Lorraine, speaking of, your package went out yesterday . Look for a little squiddy something in there.

It holds up great in the wash--no special handling required!

Downloads
    Uploads

What an excellent tutorial

I just finished a level three printing class for my art degree and did a 3 color screen image. I never realized that I could shoot the screen at home. I was prepared to go to AIR our public print studio here in Pittsburgh to shoot my screens - http://www.justseeds.org/blog/2008/1..._oct_18_1.html

I have always used the machine at school to shoot my screens. Very cool and informative and most helpful. Thank You. I was all set to do this at home but was trying to figure out the shooting part.

In my efforts to stay within compliance to the upcoming CPSA stuff I opted to buy a water based Eco line of inks. They don't require any ink heat set at all and dry super quick and set with the air. They have a learning curve though in trying to keep the screen clean for a good print as they dry so fast. Not cheap though. Here is the link to the Screen Printing Supplier we have locally that distributes nationally. And if you scroll down there is the Eco Aqua Pura I was mentioning.

thank you for taking the time to put this together.
    Mary Beth, mama to 3, soulmate to my heavenly dh Bill.

marzipan is offline Queen of the Noun T-shirts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, neat! THanks for sharing that, Mary Beth! And welcome to sewingmamas Show some of your work soon, please!