User Tag List

Thread: Cabbage Patch Doll Knit Swing Dress

Downloads
    Uploads

Cabbage Patch Doll Knit Swing Dress

I drafted this pattern using measurements from my daughters baby doll. (we couldn't find our girl doll so our boy had to model).

We use up scrap knit pieces for making doll clothes and diapers.

Here are the pieces, i have a scanner if I can get it to work right and someone can help me figure out how to make them into a PDF file i will.

This is sewn much like any basic t-shirt or nightgown.

#1 Sew right sides together at the shoulder seams. (I didn't take a picture of that, sorry)

#2 Sew in the neck band.

#3 Sew sleeves on, right sides together.

#4 Sew right sides together down both side seams (all the way from wrist, through underarm, to hem).

#5 Sew in the wrist bands.

Here is what it looks like at this point, before hemming.

#6 Hem. I made a slight "lettuce" edge by folding under my hem, using a narrow zig zag stitch and stretching slightly as i sewed.

Here's the finished project.

I have also created a pattern for knit pants to go with the shortened shirt version of the pattern. I will probably make a diaper or pair of unders to match the dress.
    Hope you love it!
    Sarah
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Wife to John & mommy to princesses Faith & Olivia

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Cabbage Patch Doll Knit Swing Dress

That's really cute!
    ~~Michelle~~

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice!

Steph

Downloads
    Uploads

Cute! And a great use for all of the scraps I can't make myself throw away!
    Amy: Mama to Max and Stella and Certified Professional Midwife

Downloads
    Uploads

What a cute idea!
    Carmen - Mama to 3

Downloads
    Uploads

very sweet. Why did I just throw away all those scraps???? GRRR!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

How cute! We have a couple of dolls that are missing clothes. You make it look so easy. Thanks for sharing.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's a great idea for using up scraps

What *I* need is someone to draft a simple swing dress style pattern for an AG doll...I've been promising my mom (yes, my mom ) for ages that I'd make her doll (yep, my mom's doll lol) something more updated, and while I want to do some cuter outfits eventually, a nice easy peasy swing dress could at least hold her off for a while!
    My sweeties! Tristan and Josie, age SEVEN! They grow so fast...

Downloads
    Uploads

That is adorable! My daughter's cabage patch kids are all hand me downs and naked! I could really use this tut!! Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

adorable !!
    great instructions too !

Want to unload your Otto 2/12? Let me know

Stash Game Running Totals: 770 points/ 77 yards sewn