User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: crybabysboutique.com

Living in the Sticks with my Chicks, Montana
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: crybabysboutique.com

Quote Originally Posted by justmyrinda View Post
    but it was pointed out to me that you can't really use the excuse of being a WAHM for not communicating or giving good customer service. If you want to have a business, you need to be professional.
    This is VERY true!

WAHMs want to be treated like a business, well then they need to act like one! Respond to your customers, keep them in communication, and try to see things from their side too. Also, has this $100 in fabric been worth the lost customers? For every one that had the courage to post here that they won't shop, there are probably 10 more that don't post, and don't shop.
    Holly
    Mama to all boys L (16), J (13), and B (2)
    Mama Holly to my surro-babies Ms. C (8) and her twin sibs M&M (6)
    ~
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ~
    ~
    ~

Downloads
    Uploads

Exactly, Holly. I too have been oogling her cotton/lycra for Dundies, but I won't be purchasing. Too bad, so sad Lujain, just for the record, you were courteous and we had a positive fabric trading experience
    Terri, mama to 4 beautiful girls and a BOY

Thinning out the stash, join my Yahoo group for steals!

Downloads
    Uploads

As hard as it may be, I will not shop with Crybabies until she does something for Lujain. I can find other places to spend my money who would appreciate it.

And just imagine if this thread was in the MG forum.
    Leah, mama to two little bits of sweetness Anjali 4/13/05 and Navya 11/22/09

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not a fabricholic by any means, but i do purchase a fair amount. I too am on a fast from this particular wham. There are so many other places to buy fabric.. no point in taking a chance at bad service.
    Holly

Mother of Five

Downloads
    Uploads

I remember this transaction b/c Lujain posted about it here and I was more on the WAHM's side - until I realized she said she paid for priority mail. http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthr...ighlight=dubai Priority mail automatically insures packages. When priority is paid for (and it is much higher than first class international), then the customer is essentially paying for insurance. So technically this transaction should have been handled much differently as crybabys should be responsible to file the insurance claim or if that cannot be done, replace or refund.

In addition, if a customer of mine hadn't paid for insurance, the least I would do for them would be to show them proof that I had shipped the pkg with a receipt. If I couldn't find the receipt, I would assume responsibility of the pkg.

Also remember, Amy that there could be a language barrier difference which could be the reason why there is a disagreement in tone and language...
    Alison

Downloads
    Uploads

I had ordered a bunch of Christmas fabric from there back when she FIRST stocked it. Like more than a month ago. Before reading any of this. I should have had PLENTY of time to sew it up. But FINALLY received it last week. A whole week before Christmas. So now I will pack it away for next year

Downloads
    Uploads

OK I am going to post my situation here so it does not seem like I am trashing anyone:

I had ordered from her before but did not think anything of the long turnaround time.

She was able to order these special character fabrics with Japanese characters that we wanted-so I ordered 1yd of each.

Really and in the midst of this she let me pay a few days late, we both were late in emailing. It was separate from her store so it was just a pp invoice.

She said more could fit into the mailer so I shopped and again there were delayed emails between each other.

A lot of this was my fault as the customer I kept forgetting to email her and get this all done. But then when I would email from here via PMs and personal and from her website the turnaround time was sometimes a week or so.

OK and in my research I have to say I was wrong in the midst of this she did email to say that her contact in Japan had forgotten to put the other yd of fabric in that I wanted and she gave me a credit and that is what I partly used to fill the mailer.

So one thing was missing and I emailed and got a response that same day to say she thought it was in there (can completely understand this) but since the 9th I have not received an email stating that it was found and mailed or what so I don't really know what to think

So really I have still asked her to research these certain special fabrics with the Japanese words as I have not found them anywhere else although I suppose I could ask the Fabric fairy as she seems to get a lot from overseas but I just never thought about it till now. But other than that I will most likely never make large orders or if I do I will just do a little at a time and know that it might be a while.

I did not receive PP shipping info email.

I wish that her responses via email were quicker but I do understand BUT yes also I have high expectations from WAH SMamas and high professionalism or at least a mom to mom email saying 'hey I am just busy but I did get your email and will email you later' BUT again I did not email her back in a timely matter either...

...she is a nice mama who makes mistakes, gets busy, gets overwhelmed I know how it is and I think nothing was malicious or that she is taking off with fabric or money but the turn around time once we finished the transaction after all this time was a lot longer than I expected mostly because I have now been spoiled rotten by other online fabric stores and that just raises the standards for the rest of us... so in the end I like her stuff and will work with her if she can find those special things but she will not be one of the first stores I go to when I am searching for things when I can get them quicker somewhere else
    Last edited by mtandg; 12-19-2008 at 08:57 PM.
    WWCKD?= What Would Captain Kirk Do?

Tabbi--NM Homeschooling Mom to G1 & G2

Long shot dream ISO Fabric list-->

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by crybabys View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a few emails from customers letting me know
    Amy, I'm sorry I was one of the people to let you know about this thread.

I honestly thought you should read it and as I mentioned in my message to you "address the concerns". Swearing at a customer on a public forum isn't what I had in mind.

I will not buy from you again. This thread is not gossip, it's your (former) customers choosing to not patronize your business.

It's a fairly well known fact in marketing that it's better/cheaper/easier to keep an existing customer than to secure a new one. Unhappy customers that have their situations corrected are often the best customers in the end. Just think, if you had merely spent the 100$ or so to re-send the buyers fabric or refund the payment, over 1100 views would have been here to read about your incredible service, and you have gained customers - probably more than 100$ of advertising would have gotten.
    Rochelle - mama to Finn, Ben, Josh & Cate

Downloads
    Uploads

And just for the record I did email Amy last night saying I was wrong in what I thought was missing and still asked her to keep searching for the fabrics I was looking for because one was supposed to be in Japanese and the one I actually got was English words...and I inquired about my missing item.
    WWCKD?= What Would Captain Kirk Do?

Tabbi--NM Homeschooling Mom to G1 & G2

Long shot dream ISO Fabric list-->

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there someone that can reassure me that although it has been 4+ weeks and I have sent 3 enquiries, with no reply whatsoever, that I will actualy receive my parcel eventually? It is a large parcel and I live in Australia. I have received 3 other packages from the US which were ordered well after this order. Does she not like large orders or is it International orders?
    My account says the order is still processing, so I figured that it means it hasn't been shipped yet. I would really like the order - despite it having some christmas prints that are no longer required for this year.
    I have contemplated cancelling the order and getting a refund through paypal but am hoping it is just bad service not no service.
    So I am hoping that there are fellow Australians that can reassure me that they DO get their parcels. It is such a shame because there are some lovely fabrics in store and I would happily be a return customer if I got my parcel and had just a little communication. $250AUD is a lot of money in limbo. If it isn't going to happen, I could get the money back and go and spend it somewhere else.
    Helen

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow this is crazy! I'm actually afraid to buy now in fear of getting sworn at or my head bit off. Definetly not good customer service at all. I really hope Amy will come here to apologize.

Helen-I would file with PayPal if I were you before your 45 days are up. or maybe you'll get your package in time for Christmas next yr Sorry bad joke. I would file asap! 4+ weeks to wait for a pkg from an online fabric store is a long time unless it's stated on her site that some pkgs will take longer than 4+ weeks to ship(but even still its a long time to wait).
    *~Kim~*

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow This thread is so shocking to me. I will definitely be removing Crybabys from my bookmarks in my online fabric stores folder. Which is really too bad A polite, business-like response would have made a WORLD of difference in my book.
    My sweeties! Tristan and Josie, age SEVEN! They grow so fast...

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm saddened that this STILL hasn't been resolved.....(and that others seem to be having issues as well).

I'm sticking with my tried and true WAHM's!

Isabel

Downloads
    Uploads

Helen, I cannot guess what's going on right now with Amy but I do know that people in Australia have shopped there and been very happy with her before. I have never had any problems at all with Crybabies and order from her at least every 4-6wks. The orders can take a while to ship but that's usually not an issue for me as I never order anything I need *now*.
    Eva
    Spending all my money on sewing supplies, soaping supplies, dance and gymnastics

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow. Glad that I read this thread. Swearing at a customer is NEVER acceptable . If you can't say something nice...
    Christina

Mama to Ryan (9/07) and Caroline (9/10)

&

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow! Way out of line Amy! Seams like over and over people have issue with you with your shipping, lack of communication and now you curse your customers. Plenty of wahms do it alone and still get things out in a timly manner and respond to there customers. Count me in as another person who won't be shopping your store.
    You can find me here most of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by harooney View Post
    Is there someone that can reassure me that although it has been 4+ weeks and I have sent 3 enquiries, with no reply whatsoever, that I will actualy receive my parcel eventually? It is a large parcel and I live in Australia. I have received 3 other packages from the US which were ordered well after this order. Does she not like large orders or is it International orders?
    My account says the order is still processing, so I figured that it means it hasn't been shipped yet. I would really like the order - despite it having some christmas prints that are no longer required for this year.
    I have contemplated cancelling the order and getting a refund through paypal but am hoping it is just bad service not no service.
    So I am hoping that there are fellow Australians that can reassure me that they DO get their parcels. It is such a shame because there are some lovely fabrics in store and I would happily be a return customer if I got my parcel and had just a little communication. $250AUD is a lot of money in limbo. If it isn't going to happen, I could get the money back and go and spend it somewhere else.
    Helen
    I have bought from her regularly. Sometimes things have been slow to ship but generally it has been fine, and she has gone out of her way to offer me things that she knows my dd loves that haven't been in the online store. My last order was complicated (waiting on the fabric to arrive to her before she could ship), so the delay was as much due to that and me being indecisivive, lol.

I hope your package turns up soon. I would email her and request shipping dates, normally things only take a week to get here. Once they've actually shipped.
    Cathi
    Mum to Finn, aged 8 & Jordan (girl) aged 12
    ISO: Any Oilily fabrics

SG Points:

Jordan at her primary school graduation

Downloads
    Uploads

wow, this is sad. i am glad i came here and read about it before purchasing any fabric from CBB. safe to say i wont be purchasing any fabric till the situation is resolved.
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was hoping Amy would be caught up with the holidays winding down Has anyone heard from her at all recently?
    My soul is fed by needle and thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mamato7 View Post
    I was hoping Amy would be caught up with the holidays winding down Has anyone heard from her at all recently?

are u missing an order too? i ordered on dec 8 and STILL have not received it! i have tried emailing and nothing........ theres actually a few of us on DS that are missing our orders from the same week!

this is insane!
    ~ maggie ~

ISO: D&G happy camper, black vw vans, pink animal crackers

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast