User Tag List

Thread: Simplicity SNOW WHITE *UPDATE w/ alteration photo

Downloads
    Uploads

Waiting Simplicity SNOW WHITE *UPDATE w/ alteration photo

I gotta get this off my chest because, well... it's falling off my daughter's chest!!!!! (read further).........

I DID take my daughter's specific measurements and made it specific to her size (not according to her RTW size). She needed the size 3 for the top and size 5 for the length.

Pattern was clear, concise and easy to follow. I had no problems with construction.

The problem? The PROBLEM? THE PROBLEM?!!!?

Well, it practically reveals her chest!!!!! and falls off her shoulders. I think the collar will remedy the shoulders somewhat, but the revealing part? I mean.... clearly something is wrong with the design of the pattern when my 4-going-on-5-year-old keeps putting her hand over her chest to cover it up because SHE feels its revealing!!!

I plan on posting pictures later, but I'm steaming mad at the moment.... wondering how to remedy what I had hoped and thought would be the perfect little costume - fitting perfectly without the kind that had to be worn over clothes because of a store-bought-generic size fit. Grrrrrrrr!

So - PATTERN REVIEW part of the review - adjust the front pattern piece and the piping piece (so they match length) so it doesn't scoop so low in the front.

Sheeeeeesh - I even critiqued the pattern cover and thought... "hmmmm - that seems low and a bit big in the sides....I bet it's because they made the RTW size and not the size according to measurements....." CLEARLY a design problem!

Last edited by April1930s; 10-30-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    Your Stitchery Friend,
    April

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Simplicity SNOW WHITE 5832

I made that pattern a few years ago and my DD had the same issue. Here is her plunging neckline (sorry about the pic quality):

I sort of solved it by making a hooded cape:
    SAHM to:
    Joshua & Katerina - 7 yo twins
    Isabella - 5 yo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog -

Downloads
    Uploads

Does she have a little camisole or slip she can wear under it? Call me if you want to borrow one of B's.

Such a bummer, I know you put a lot of time into that dress.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
    I made that pattern a few years ago and my DD had the same issue. Here is her plunging neckline (sorry about the pic quality):

I sort of solved it by making a hooded cape:
    Even the little pink turtleneck under it looks cute. I like that cape, very sweet.

Downloads
    Uploads

wow - that is revealing. sorry.
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]
    I live for that face.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Simplicity SNOW WHITE *UPDATE w/ alteration ph

these kinds of things make me scared to cut into patterns
    Caitlin
    Married to the love of my life

Mama to Chloe (11) and Meadow (1)

Living in the desert, missing Hawaii
    I like planning, sewing and playing with my silhouette

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Simplicity SNOW WHITE *UPDATE w/ alteration ph

Wow, My dd would be upset too. Me too for that matter. Sorry..
    Tonya