User Tag List

Thread: How to create a .pdf pattern

Downloads
    Uploads

Icon7 How to create a .pdf pattern

Here is a great way to create a pattern we can download , if you have a scanner:

http://www.burdastyle.com/howtos/show/143

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ~xoxoNutmeg~

The SAHMama Emily (21, college grad who has a great full time job with a non profit company) Mary (11, loves reading classics and is off to middle school in the fall!) and Melissa (9, the happy go lucky bundle of energy that keeps us on our toes!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(filling up Summer 2013)

, Doula, midwifery fun!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: How to create a .pdf pattern

Can you use this tutorial if you don't have photoshop?? Is there another program that would work?

My Blog:

Kelley Homeschooling mama to Jennah - 14, Gavin - 13, Braden - 11, Mariah - 9, and Carter - 8.
    Check out this page with awesome info on notebooking for homeschoolers!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: How to create a .pdf pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisnkelley View Post
    Can you use this tutorial if you don't have photoshop?? Is there another program that would work?
    What I've done is create my patterns in Paint Shop Pro/PSP (just about any image editing software would work) and save them as a JPEG or PNG file (I like the latter since it saves text much crisper for me). I then insert them into a Word doc. That way I can add more information, like sizing and yardage charts. Once I have it to my satisfaction, I use a free program called cutepdf writer to convert the Word document to PDF format (it actually 'prints' to the program which then writes the PDF). I know there are other ways to do this but it works for me. Since I'm already familiar with Word and PSP, I didn't have to learn new software to get started.