User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: marbleing dye along

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, Holly, those are beautiful!!! Okay, the more you mamas show, the more antsy I am getting to try this. I am going to get shaving cream first thing tomorrow morning, LOL! Now I just have to decide what kind of fabric I want to try this with! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Dina

Downloads
    Uploads
    cant wait to see what you come up with Dina. I have 3 onesies sitting waiting for the rinse now. I tried some new colorways and used a new dye rake that dh made. I can't wait to see how they turned out.
    ~Pam~ slightly nutty mama to:
    Mike 90, Abby & Ally 01, Mason 03

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My sweet Babies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    l

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, so I soaked some old white (stained) onsies in the soda ash and they are hanging to dry. Tomorrow morning I will get my shaving cream, and then start. Hopefully I will post a dye within the next couple of days!! Thanks for your help and instructions Pam!!
    Dina

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by countrycuttins View Post
    Okay, so I soaked some old white (stained) onsies in the soda ash and they are hanging to dry. Tomorrow morning I will get my shaving cream, and then start. Hopefully I will post a dye within the next couple of days!! Thanks for your help and instructions Pam!!
    yay can't wait to see.

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am going to have to try that!! can you get procion dyes at hobby lobby or joanns? or do i have to order from dharma?
    proud sewing mama of three wonderful kids!

Downloads
    Uploads
    you should be able to get them locally. I know they sell them at hellmart in a tye dye kit by a company called rainbow rock. you will probably be a bit limited in color choices but its somewhere to start.

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have ACMoore, they have for real procion dyes, they are in little brown jars, I think jaquard brand? Kinda expensive though, $4/jar.
    but a little goes a longish way. And they have soda ash and other stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mary,
    momma to Tyler 5-14-03 And Maya 1-19-2001
    and Ciara (kee-ra) 1-14-06

Audrey Rose 4.29.08

Living in the Sticks with my Chicks, Montana
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am able to find the procion locally at "Ben Franklin" which I think is a national chain store. Again, expensive. Just less than an ounce for $4.69 OUCH!
    Holly
    Mama to all boys L (16), J (13), and B (2)
    Mama Holly to my surro-babies Ms. C (8) and her twin sibs M&M (6)
    ~

~
    ~
    ~

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dick blick also carries it, but it's pricey as well!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, what a great tutorial!! I've got to try that with the kids this summer.

One question...if I wanted to do this on a t-shirt, and I layed it with the front facing into the dye, would it soak through to the back?
    Mama to Megan 10/98, Carina 5/01 and Brendan 6/03

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you leave it too long it will but it will be spotty. You can do this with blanks but you will need to have enough room to do each side individually. I will try and get a part II for this tut doing blanks.

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: marbleing dye along

Great tute! Thanks! Now I cannot resist trying it any longer!

One question: how long do you let it sit before rinsing? TIA.
    Sara

Downloads
    Uploads

Pam, what type of fabric did you use in your tutorial?

Downloads
    Uploads

Great tutorial
    Bobbi Jo

Mama to three G's and Soulmate to my T

Blessed I am!

Your life is an occassion; rise to it!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boho_mama View Post
    Great tute! Thanks! Now I cannot resist trying it any longer!

One question: how long do you let it sit before rinsing? TIA.
    I let them sit anywhere from 2-8 hours. the longer they sit the more vibrant the color, BUT you dont get as sharp of definition. Clear as mud?

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Call me Luci View Post
    Pam, what type of fabric did you use in your tutorial?
    I used organic bamboo velour. My all time fave fabric.

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads

ohhh drool!!
    just what i need.
    another craft project to do....lol.
    barbara momma of 7
    summer sewing to do list
    DS- 12 tank tops- DONE, 15 pairs boxers 13 done, 12 t-shirts- 7 done, 12 pairs shorts 7 done, PJ's 7 pairs, 0 done
    for each of my 3 DD's- 6 dresses- 3 done, 12 t-shirts 0 done, 6 skirts 0 done, 12 pairs panties- 0 done, 7 nightgowns- 0 done

Downloads
    Uploads

I have all my stuff ready to go. Can anyone suggest colors in the order you used? I want to do my son a shirt. And myself. What about doing it on a tarp? Would this work??? or run off. Pam did you answer about doing blanks? Do I soak 20 min then remove and lay on the other side for 20 min in another fresh dye spot?
    ((HUGS))
    Peppermint

Downloads
    Uploads

I use a pand wide enough to accomodate the shirt twice. with the T's you don't leave them as long, or you get bleed through. I lay them down and watch for the first little spots appear (bleed through) Then I carefully lift it up and lay the other side down.

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads

that is really pretty.
    **Sarah***wife to my best friend Matt***SAHM to two sweet boys Kaden 2/2006 and Jack 8/2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast