User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: marbleing dye along

Downloads
    Uploads

marbleing dye along

I have actually had this in the works for a while. I have the dye along with 24 pictures

here

I think I made it open to public. If not pw is swirl.

post here if you have any questions. you can find the basic dharma instructions

here

let me know what you think
    Last edited by MamaOz; 04-26-2008 at 11:13 PM.
    ~Pam~ slightly nutty mama to:
    Mike 90, Abby & Ally 01, Mason 03

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My sweet Babies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    l

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW that is cool! I've never seen that before.

So can you lay several pieces of fabric onto the same dye?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boysandaprincess View Post
    WOW that is cool! I've never seen that before.

So can you lay several pieces of fabric onto the same dye?
    if your pan is big enough to accomodate them. but between pieces you will need to rinse your pan, and redo your base and swirls.

My sweet Babies

l

Living in the Sticks with my Chicks, Montana
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great Pam!

And...not Pam...but once you 'use' the marbled shaving cream, you cannot lay another piece of fabric over the same spot. You can if you have a big enough pan, do multiple pieces though.
    Holly
    Mama to all boys L (16), J (13), and B (2)
    Mama Holly to my surro-babies Ms. C (8) and her twin sibs M&M (6)
    ~

~
    ~
    ~

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaOz View Post
    if your pan is big enough to accomodate them. but between pieces you will need to rinse your pan, and redo your base and swirls.
    That makes sense! Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    what did you use for a pan?

Downloads
    Uploads
    its a dog crate pan (not used by dogs of course)

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Pam, this looks like a great summer project for my and my kids!!!
    Dina

Downloads
    Uploads
    all of my kids have enjoyed helping swirl.

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I couple of questions:

What happens if you don't let your fabric dry before dyeing?

How much dye do you use per squeeze bottle?

Do you have photos of the fabrics you have dyed this way?

What color combos do you like the best? Any color combos to avoid?

Thanks
    Dina

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you let it completely dry or is it slightly damp when you put it on the shaving cream?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pam has sold lots of her stuff on her hyena cart- you can check her listings to see lots of awesome stuff!

I didn't let my stuff dry, but it wasn't dripping either. Not sure if it was supposed to be dry though? It worked for me, lol.

As for colors- I wouldn't do colors that don't work together- not a lot of help, I know, but if you mixed it and it would make an ugly mess of brown, don't do it together.

The dharma page says how much dye to use per bottle. A little goes a long way with this method I've found!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mary,
    momma to Tyler 5-14-03 And Maya 1-19-2001
    and Ciara (kee-ra) 1-14-06

Audrey Rose 4.29.08

Downloads
    Uploads
    I let mine dry all the way (basically hung to dry overnight works here as it's such a dry climate! LOL). If you don't, your edges are 'quite' as crisp I don't think. And you'll get more blurring of color.
    Holly
    ~

~
    ~
    ~

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't let mine dry at all and I love my results. I wonder if I let it dry though if maybe the colors wouldn't soak through to the back while doing blanks.

Thanks for the dye along Pam!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by countrycuttins View Post
    Okay, I couple of questions:

What happens if you don't let your fabric dry before dyeing?

How much dye do you use per squeeze bottle?

Do you have photos of the fabrics you have dyed this way?

What color combos do you like the best? Any color combos to avoid?

Thanks
    I have never done it with damp fabric. I think the edges are a little softer and not as defined.

I never really measure how much dye to shave cream I use. I just pour a bit of dye into my bowl and stir the SC until its just thin enough to still pour rather than fall in clumps. I hope that makes sense.

Mary covered the colors, its best to use complimentary colors or you get a muddy mess.

My avatar is one of my favorite pieces. It's on it's way to Terri of FMBG.
    here are some past dns that I have posted on other boards.

Last edited by MamaOz; 04-27-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love it, the samples of your work are just beautiful!!
    Dina

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I always love your dye work! Very nice tut, too.

~ kelly ~

mom to Alex, Zoe and Jack

my ISO:
    Snoopy Embroidery CDs
    dies for metal snaps to fit an OSDS press & 14/16 metal snaps

Visit Sewing Mamas'
    !
    Find Sewing Mamas on
    !
    Tweet with
    !
    Check out the Sewing Mamas
    !

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks mamas!

My sweet Babies

l

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooooh gorgeous samples Pam!!!!!!
    Holly
    ~

~
    ~
    ~

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay...here are mine from this week

This one is my favorite!
    Holly
    ~

~
    ~
    ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast