User Tag List

Thread: Stand Alone Bobbin Winder

Downloads
    Uploads

Stand Alone Bobbin Winder

Has anyone tried this out yet?
    Well, my IE is being STOOOOOOPID and won't load hancocks site. But I saw it there sitting at the counter by checkouts.

The bobbin winder suddenly stopped working about a year ago on my machine. And since I've been hand winding or having my mom wind me some bobbins (She's 4 miles away) I have to stock up on bobbins so I dont' have to hand wind! Man that sucks!I have a Brother CS8072 (or something like that) and it's been worth it's $200 for the last 6 years.

Anyways, I just noticed that something actually exists for my case!

But I think I need this. DH has realized how tedious hand winding is, and will probably get it for me!

Suggestions?

Like it?

Hate it?

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i've never tried it but i'm sure its a HECK of a lot better than hand winding!
    Misty
    Mama to Savana Banana(9) an Benny Bean (5)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's $30 so I was wondering. I wonder if I could return it if for some STUPID reason it doesn't fit my needs!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just stumbled upon it while browsing the 'net the other night, and was wondering about it too. Will you come back and let us know how it is. I was thinking about getting one just so that I don't have to swap out my current thread when the bobbin is out of thread.
    ~Cindie~
    Brand New to Sewing & Addicted to sewingmamas.com
    Momma to Taya (3/7/04) & Avery (7/28/06)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Have one and love it

I have never figured out how to wind bobbins on the machine I have now. And would have to drag an old machine out that does not work except the bobbin winder. I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. It does the job and makes my life easier that is for sure.
    Just another crazy cat lady. Momma to 7 fur babies Harry, Rosie, Casper, Teddy, Shadow & the twins Lucy and Daisy

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Stand Alone Bobbin Winder

I have one!! I got it with a Joann's 40%off coupon,....at first I thought it was a dumb thing to do, but now that it's summer and I am sewing more often I LOVE it!!!!!! use it all the time now, especially when I'm working on a project and my bobbin runs out, I just go spin a new one without having to mess with my machine,....also use white a lot so I just keep a spool of white on it!

Downloads
    Uploads

i really like mine alot. it's breeze to use and i don't have to un-thread and re-thread my sewing machine every time i need a bobbin wound. i don't sew as much as some so i don't wind my bobbins in advance and it makes it easier for me because i can wind mine as i need them. i bought my bobbin winder before i bought my new sewing machine and i honestly haven't used the bobbin winder on my sewing machine yet. if you sew alot, it would be a great investment and major timesaver.
    MaeLee, Happily Engaged, Single Momma of 5.....
    4 men-in-training ages 23, 20, 16, & 11...and 1 little woman age 10 DANG! My kids are gettin old!

]

Downloads
    Uploads

I tend to suddenly (LOL!) need a double needle/double thread to top stitch and I don't like to stop to wind another bobbin so I can use 2 threads. I was glad to read the reviews here. I can get one 50% off this weekend at Hancocks so I think I'm going shopping. Thanks mamas.
    Debi

Downloads
    Uploads

If yours isn't working, I'm sure it'd be great for you!! I don't own one, but my winder works fine. I don't see how it's an advantage if your winder did work though.... because it's supposed to save the hassle of having to rethread, but folks like me wind the bobbin with the same thread that's in the needle anyways so I'll still have to rethread, plus keep a separate little machine by me.

... My blog...

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sure it would be better than hand winding and I sure you can return it if you don't like it!! There's lots of sales going on right now!!
    ~Marilyn~

~~Maui 2011~~