User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think Spring!! Clothespin Bag Tutorial

Downloads
    Uploads

Think Spring!! Clothespin Bag Tutorial

I'm really hankerin' for spring and being able to hand the sheets out on the line again. ahhhhhhhh.....

I needed a new clothespin bag, did a little poking around online and came up with this pattern. I also made up a few for the spring swap and figured I might as well take pictures and share the process

These can snap right over the clothesline or snap over a child size hanger.

I'm planning to make another for myself to hang in my closet for tights/pantyhose. I don't wear them often and they end up in a tangled mess in my underwear drawer.

1. Cut two rectanges of fabric, 11" x 18". One of these is for the front, the other is for the back. Iron onto lightweight stabilizer.

2. Make 24" of binding. First, cut a strip 2" x 24" of contrasting fabric. Fold and iron fabric in half with long sides meeting. (Small confession here, I'm addicted to spray starch and use it generously while doing my pressing)

3. Open strip back up and fold and iron each side into the middle.

4. Now fold and iron the strip in half and you have your binding. I would go ahead and cut the binding into two 12" lengths at this point. (I suppose you could use bias tape)

5. Next, cut the rectangle that you want for your front 7" down from the top to create two peices.

6. Fold the binding peices over the two edges that you just cut apart on the front rectangle piece and sew down.

7. Now, with right sides together lay the two front pieces on top of the back piece, with the binding edges touching eachother, and pin.

8. Sew all the way around.

9. Clip your corners and turn it right side out. It should look like this.

10. Take it back to your ironing board and fold over and iron the top edge. I folded it over about 2 1/2"

11. Place snaps or buttons on the flap. I placed them 1-1/2" in from the side edge and 1/2" up from the bottom edge of the flap

Voila!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I am LOVING that! Thanks for the tute!
    -Cheri
    I'm making my 2014 a year of ADVENTURE! --

First Selfie of 2014

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are great!! very cute and easy, too! Thanks for the tute.
    ~Rebecka
    wife to Dean and busy homeschooling mom to Mallen, Gemma, Ethan, Sophie, Adam & Colin

My new quilting blog:

My sewing & crafting blog:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness way too cute! I'm with ya I keep eyeing my clothesline hankering to get out there, of course right now I would have to walk through 4 foot snowdrifts to get there but I am going to pick my brightest, most summery fabric and give this a whirl! Thanks so much!
    Heather
    Mama to:

Chase(7)Regan(5)Maso n(3)Eli(1)
    Married to my dh
    (who can fix ANYTHING!) for 9 years

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tute. That's cute. I'm hankering for Spring too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    GROOVY! Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh thats soo cute Now i wanna make one....LOL thanks for the tut!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crystal
    Mom of Devin, Dylan and Katelyn ....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cute!
    Kate, mama to Abby (10/04)

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's lovely! Thank you for posting it!
    ~Lisa, Mommy to Karl, Almost Age 7!

My ISO:
    CBGB Punk fabric for less than a small fortune
    Any punky looking boys knits

&

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cute!! Thanks!
    Jenn
    Married to D (12/28/01), mama of 3 beautiful girls (7/03, 8/07, and 12/10)

Downloads
    Uploads
    that is so cute and great in every way, I am SO making some of those! thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooh! You know, I was just telling my Mum about how I need a new one! Thanks for posting this, I'm off to pick out my fabrics!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice!!! Thanks so much for this!

Debbie

Christopher is here! June 10, 2010
    Weighed 7lb 6oz, 21 in long.
    Totally adorable!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My step mom would love this!
    Can you believe that clotheslines are banned for our entire city?!?!!!?!
    Mama to Katelyn 12/08 & Emily 1/05

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thanks! Those sure look a lota lota lota lot better than my plastic tote I keep my clothes pins in LOL I have to hang all our laundry in the house (on the door jams) because we're not allowed to hang outside and the laundry mat is crazy expencive. DH got my a portable washer 2 years ago and it's how I've been doing laundry ever since. I'm gonna have to whip up on of these and hang it by my washer!
    Thanks again!
    Chris

SAHM of 3 & Baby Bean EDD 1/22/10

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great tutorial!

I think it is sad that so many places aren't allowing clotheslines now. I understand that maybe people don't like the way hanging clothes look, but it seems to run against the encouragement for energy conservation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the cutest pin bag I have ever seen. I am looking at it and trying to come up with another use for it as I don't have a drying line where I live. I love that style and yor fabric choices are perfect together. I hope ou aren't going to leave that outside al the time. : )

Downloads
    Uploads
    So cute!!! Thank you so much

~xoxoNutmeg~

The SAHMama Emily (21, college grad who has a great full time job with a non profit company) Mary (11, loves reading classics and is off to middle school in the fall!) and Melissa (9, the happy go lucky bundle of energy that keeps us on our toes!)

(filling up Summer 2013)

, Doula, midwifery fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    My step mom would love this!
    Can you believe that clotheslines are banned for our entire city?!?!!!?!
    Why are clotheslines banned??? We use wire racks in the house when we can't use ours outside...it's part of my favourite bit of summer too, hanging the laundry out to dry!

And, I made two, one for myself & one for my MIL. I didn't get a picture of the one for MIL yet...and mine is inside until the cold weather & bad rains stop.

This is mine-the green on the top is quite a bit darker & coordinates really well.

Again, thank you for posting this!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Make sure Meg adds this one to the tutorial list!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast