User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holey Pocket Sew-Along

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there a place to "put" this thread where it won't get lost and we can come back and look at it when we get ready to work on our projects?

Debbie

Downloads
    Uploads
    great tutorial I willl have to try this out very detailed thank you so much
    Theresa : Wife to a wonderful husband
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of 7 years and mother
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    to Shelby 8 and Holden 3 The loves of my life.

You can visit me at My website
    or my etsy shop at
    I look forward to seeing you there

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great, thanks so much for taking the time to put this together, Audrey!
    I want to give this a try for Lucas's birthday hoodie in the next week or so.
    ~Jessica
    , single mama to Dillon
    (10) and Lucas
    (6 on 10/24)

~

Dillon is ten years old - 9/18/08

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! That was a great sewalong!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mary,
    momma to Tyler 5-14-03 And Maya 1-19-2001
    and Ciara (kee-ra) 1-14-06

Audrey Rose 4.29.08

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so thrilled you are happy. I have got to show hubby what the fabric he picked has been turned into,, he'll be tickled...
    I can' t wait to see what the other mamas make.
    Amy SAHM mom to 5 .Wife to one computer genius who thinks I have no brain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    THanks for this excellent tutorial. I feel much more confident about putting it together now. Thanks for taking the time out. Is there a way to save the tute as a pdf and put it in the Files section of the SM site?

Take care,
    Lisa

Oh, wait--two questions: 1) before serging binding to holes, do you press the binding strip lengthwise into 3rds? 2) does the right side of the binding face the right side of the dress or is it different? TIA!!
    Last edited by lisaquilts; 10-14-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: need to add 2 questions
    PhDM to 2 boys

Of those five mama-made garments and hat, only my dh still has his shirt. The rest are long gone. Where? Who knows! But the fact that my dh still has his is just one tiny example of why he's so awesome.

marzipan is offline Queen of the Noun T-shirts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lisa, please--did you see an iron anywhere in this tutorial?? J/k--I'm sure *all* my sewing would be improved by pressing, but I'm a short-cut taker.

On the binding, you can bind it any way you like, of course, but I serge (or sew) it on right side of the binging to wrong side of the dress (ie, behind the holes), and then wrap around and topstitch down. Does that make sense? Just play with it and it should become apparent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Marizpan,

You're fast! Or you're a night owl, like me! I could actually be *sewing* something now, but I'd much rather talk about it on the Internet!

Thanks for the tip. I am a pretty avid iron-er. I do not pin, but I can iron like the wind. (but only when it involves garment construction, after the clothes are completed, everyone is pretty much on their own...)

I will play with it and I'll cut my bindings a bit longer. One last question--what did you do (if anything) about the raw edges of the pocket piece? Feel free to pm me if you'd prefer.

TIA and thanks for taking the time to post. I have saved and printed your tute for future reference!

--Lisa
    PhDM to 2 boys

Of those five mama-made garments and hat, only my dh still has his shirt. The rest are long gone. Where? Who knows! But the fact that my dh still has his is just one tiny example of why he's so awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What a fun adaption of 3 different outfits! I hadn't thought to put the holes on an Olivia, but it works so well and looks super cute! I may need to make some for my girls now! Thanks so much for the sew along!

Laura
    Laura

Christine 1/5/2002, Nicole 5/13/2003,
    Everett 4/24/2009, Alister 9/3/2010
    Moira and Giselle 10/24/2013!

marzipan is offline Queen of the Noun T-shirts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hee..it's only 8:30 here--I'm putting off the dishes.

If the pocket lining is a knit, I just leave it raw--if it's a woven I'll serge around.

Can't wait to see what you make!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I showed my DH and he can't quite grasp the look! Can you post a modeled pic so he could see how cute it is?

Laura
    Laura

Christine 1/5/2002, Nicole 5/13/2003,
    Everett 4/24/2009, Alister 9/3/2010
    Moira and Giselle 10/24/2013!

Downloads
    Uploads
    very cool
    Lori ... mother of four ... Lebanon MO

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Holey Pocket Sew-Along

Thank you for the great tute!

Downloads
    Uploads

LOVE the outfit you made! And thanks so much, and definitely going to give this a try!

Downloads
    Uploads

How did you do it without the hand holes scrunching up? Maybe I cut the binding material too short???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12