User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Satin Stitch Applique Tutorial in downloads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much. I never knew what fusible they were talking about. I have a pattern that I got off "youcanmakethis. com" but I still could not figure it out. I tihnk you are going to see a ton of applique outfits all thanks to your hard work.
    Mom to Zoe (4-19-02) and Piper (7-19-05)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Krista. This is great.
    Margie
    Mom to Andy, John, & Caitlin

Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you! Great tutorial!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Downloads
    Uploads
    awesome
    Lori ... mother of four ... Lebanon MO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lujain View Post
    Unfortunatly I cannot get HeatnBond Lite.
    But I got a question,

So the main purpose in applique,
    is to interface the applique and fuse it temporary to the garment (until washed)
    or fuse everthing permenantly, interfaced applique permenantly fused to garment?

TIA!
    I think this is a personal preferance(sp?). When I do it this way I don't want any "bubbles" so I fuse it permanently. And I don't interface it either.
    I know applique can be a lot different in quilting though.
    Did that answer your question?

If you'd like to try a piece of Heat N Bond Lite I would be willing to send you a piece

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for posting this. I really needed this.

love and blessings
    angie
    "I am NOT my hair..." I am who I am.

Downloads
    Uploads
    what a wonderful tutorial, thank you for posting it!

One question for anyone, do you combine fabrics or does it cause problems, knits with wovens and vice versa. I want to make a knit tee with an applique of the woven pants fabric, will I run into problems?
    T - wife to the keeper of my

mama to our 4 sweets.

Sewing away on my Singer Slant-o-Matic 503

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it." - Picasso

"Sewing washes from the soul
    the dust of everyday life."
    - anon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by teathymes View Post
    what a wonderful tutorial, thank you for posting it!

One question for anyone, do you combine fabrics or does it cause problems, knits with wovens and vice versa. I want to make a knit tee with an applique of the woven pants fabric, will I run into problems?
    Thank you
    That will work...that is what I used in the example. The shirt I made out of knit and the appliques are woven fabrics
    Krista~ Mommy to Kyra 7-31-05 & Logan 12-30-08

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohhh this was awesome! TFS
    ~*~ Megan~*~
    Blessed to be Asher and Ike's Momma
    Living our dreams with the love of my life, Tony
    I'd rather be in WDW

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Krista View Post
    I think this is a personal preferance(sp?). When I do it this way I don't want any "bubbles" so I fuse it permanently. And I don't interface it either.
    I know applique can be a lot different in quilting though.
    Did that answer your question?

If you'd like to try a piece of Heat N Bond Lite I would be willing to send you a piece

Thats very generous of you ^_^

What i meant that does heat n bond fuses permenantly on both sides??

Just days ago I made my first applique, and i just fused the woven applique and then just pinned it to the knit fabric along with paper for stabilizer.
    Just gonna see how the outcome would be after the wash. If good there are a lot of things I would do!
    Shyma

"Maya" as DS calls me to him, Mohammed 12/26/05, and to my girl Alia 7/27/07,and baby boy Ahmad 6/14/09

ISO:
    Olive+S Bubble Dress size 2T & up
    Minkee dot: Yellow or Baby Blue
    Velour (75-80% cotton):In chocolate, raspberry, black, orange, red
    at good price to help on the international shipping please ^_^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Is there a way to save your tut for future reference? I've been wanting to try applique and your instructions look great - and most importantly - EASY! LOL
    Sabrina

Happily married to M for 17 yrs
    SAHM to G M & C

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for posting this.. That's awesome. Thank you.

Wife to Hubby (7/13/02) and Mama to DS (8/7/03), DD (3/24/05), DS (2/7/07), DD (10/27/09) and 1 blessing in heaven

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lujain View Post
    Thats very generous of you ^_^

What i meant that does heat n bond fuses permenantly on both sides??

Just days ago I made my first applique, and i just fused the woven applique and then just pinned it to the knit fabric along with paper for stabilizer.
    Just gonna see how the outcome would be after the wash. If good there are a lot of things I would do!
    Yes, it fuses to the applique piece, then you take the paper backing off and it will fuse to the fabric you are attaching it to. I'd be more than willing to send you a piece to see if it will work for you. PM me your addy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina Z View Post
    Hi! Is there a way to save your tut for future reference? I've been wanting to try applique and your instructions look great - and most importantly - EASY! LOL
    It'll be in the download section once it's been approved I'm so glad it'll help you!

Downloads
    Uploads

help a newbie to applique

OK. I'm new to this applique stuff and this board so be gentle I recently tried this with some stitch 'n tear interfacing and I can easily tear it away from the back of the applique too...is it supposed to stay on? It is, right? Any ideas why it isn't staying on? It's as if the stitching tore through it rather than stitching it in place. It seems a bit thick, I got it at Hobby Lobby.

Any suggestions? I didn't use the heat n' bond so that could give me an excuse to go to JA's if needed

Thanks!
    Shannon~~SAHM to Aiden (11.03), Maura (3.06) and Malcolm! 4/17/08 WOW these are old pictures

Downloads
    Uploads
    The heat n bond lite will fuse it to whatever you are stitching it to and then the satin stitch is finishing the edges. I use tear away stabilizer on the back to hold it in place while doing the satin stitch...then tear it away.
    Does that help?

Downloads
    Uploads

I think...so you tear all of it off the back of the applique? None is left?

I'm envisioning a RTW shirt where there's still something left on the back/inside of the shirt. You don't do this?

And the heat n bond keeps bubbles away? I believe I need to go get some
    Shannon~~SAHM to Aiden (11.03), Maura (3.06) and Malcolm! 4/17/08 WOW these are old pictures

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup, I tear it all off...

That is right after it's done, and I take it all off next.
    I have yet to get any bubbles with the heat n bond lite...just follow the directions
    BTW make sure you get the Heat N Bond LITE. It'll say right on it that it's ok for machine applique. Actually you could probably use a different one that's ok for machine applique, but this is the only thing I've ever used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Thanks so much for your help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any special needles needed so you don't get holes on the knit fabric when using woven appliques?
    ((HUGS))
    Peppermint

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint View Post
    Any special needles needed so you don't get holes on the knit fabric when using woven appliques?
    You can use and embroidery needle but I don't always do that and I have never had any problems. I've done lots on RTW shirts before I started sewing with knits and none of them have gotten holes around the applique.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast