User Tag List

Thread: Simplicity 4068

Downloads
    Uploads

Simplicity 4068

I made view B of this pattern as drafted. Except for taking the waist in an inch, the pants fit me nicely. It's refereshing to find a pants pattern that has enough rise to accomodate a larger butt and belly. The back rise is several inches longer than the front to accomodate the sway back that larger women often have. The pants in view B are straight leg with very little taper so they fit more like slacks than jeans, which I like. I think the tapered view will fit more like jeans.

The directions were easy to follow. I did the fly assembly following the directions and did not like the technique. I prefer the techniques that sew the rest of the front crotch seam first. I did not follow the rest of the construction directions although they were easy to understand. The directions call for sewing the back seam last, after the waistband is attached. This allows for fitting, which is great, but I decided to wing it. I appreciated some of the tips that were given within the directions, too.

I would really recommend this pattern. I would like to adjust the fit in a few places, just to learn a few new things, but they are very wearable and nice looking as is. It's a great start. I plan on making this my basic pants pattern.
    Last edited by ~Sara~; 02-08-2007 at 10:07 AM.