User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fortune cookie sewalong - no hot glue, no hand-stitching!

Downloads
    Uploads

Fortune cookie sewalong - no hot glue, no hand-stitching!

Larger pics available at: http://www.jaymelee.com/gallery/fortunecookie

Sew two layers of wool felt together, trim around the edges to neaten. I use a long stitch length and pull the thread tail to the back, knot and trim. Forgot to mention that I used one of those Offray ribbon spools (the kind that are often on sale at Joann's for 4/$1, kwim?) as a template, it makes a good size cookie.

Fold the circle in half and tack together in the center approximately 1/4" - 1/2" from the fold.

I believe I set my zigzag for 2mm wide and .1mm long.

Turn the cookie right side out, you'll fold perpendicularly to the old fold/tacking stitches.

Puff the cookie up from inside so it doesn't have any wrinkles.

You can stop here or...

tack where the scissors are pointing to help the cookie stay closed and keep your fortune from slipping out

Slip in a fortune and give to someone you love this Valentine's Day or Chinese New Year!
    Last edited by dehart; 01-31-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    Jayme ~ mama to Nathan 10/98 and Lauren 6/02
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG thank you!!! I want to make some for DH for valetines day kat

Downloads
    Uploads
    fun!!! Thanks so much Jayme, you are awesome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ~xoxoNutmeg~

The SAHMama Emily (21, college grad who has a great full time job with a non profit company) Mary (11, loves reading classics and is off to middle school in the fall!) and Melissa (9, the happy go lucky bundle of energy that keeps us on our toes!)

(filling up Summer 2013)

, Doula, midwifery fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You just made my fortune cookie projects easier lol I was hot glueing the little fold Thanks mama!

What size do you make your circles? I usually do mine around 2.75-3 inches.
    *~Kim~*

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmyboo View Post
    You just made my fortune cookie projects easier lol I was hot glueing the little fold Thanks mama!

What size do you make your circles? I usually do mine around 2.75-3 inches.
    I was determined not to pull out the hot glue gun! I edited the OP, I use the Offray ribbon spool as a size guide. The ones that go on sale at Joann's for 4/$1, know what I mean?
    Jayme ~ mama to Nathan 10/98 and Lauren 6/02

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!!! Off to go get some felt! Way cool project!
    Jill
    mama to Duncan (14), Margaux (11) and Oliver (8)

My blog:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dehart View Post
    I was determined not to pull out the hot glue gun! I edited the OP, I use the Offray ribbon spool as a size guide. The ones that go on sale at Joann's for 4/$1, know what I mean?
    Sweet! Thanks Jayme!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much. I wonder if I could make them for DS's Valentines at school. I bet the kids would get a kick out of them.
    Princess Peach

Downloads
    Uploads
    THANK YOU!!! I have been admiring these elsewhere and thinking they would be fun to make!
    tytytyty!!!
    Kim, mom to Dominic, Eli, Nathan & Sofia.

here's a couple of them...

Downloads
    Uploads
    good tutorial! I like the method you just shared a whole lot better than the way I'd been doing them.
    Shari

August 1991 - May 2006

Working my way to a clean organized life.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ! Those are too cute:-)
    Molly

, Donella for Fiby's cute new dress and for taking this sweet picture for me!theclap

Downloads
    Uploads
    very cool Jayme! I have a pattern for these and never thought to use felt...duh!
    Krista~ Mommy to Kyra 7-31-05 & Logan 12-30-08

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh thanks! I love it!
    timmi

Downloads
    Uploads
    cute idea, thanks for sharing!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Those are so cute! I might try to make some of those to send out for my stocking!
    ~*Meagan*~
    Mama to my Sweet Pixies ~ Sophie Elise and Ellory Quinn

|

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Those are so cute and will be fun to make for giving.
    Wife to Matt; Mom to Joshua (19), Garrett (17) and Liesl (5)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My blog:

My Etsy:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I might actually do that. Excellent tut and right up my alley!
    ~Jenn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much!

I have the Keepsake Quilting pattern that calls for "Stiffy" (try having a bottle of THAT in your bedroom!) and that just seemed too messy for me, so I tried one with double sided fusible peltex. But it was pretty thick, so I wasn't crazy about it.

Think I should "whip up" 25 of them for Eli's Valentine party at school? ...Nah, I'm so going to cave and buy the $1.99 box of premade valentines. LOL
    Shecki

L to R: Josiah, Samuel, Annaliese, Paul, Hannah, Jack (aka Furby), Eli, Brianna, Shecki, Zachary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the terrific tutorial! I'll have to use it to make some play ones for my youngest.

I've been sewing my pin cookies by hand. I guess this means I need to break out the sewing machine.
    K. Anne

-
    -

ISO: Your leftover woven cotton scraps of any size.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice tutorial I've been making those for freebies for a year. Very fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast