User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna Viking experience centre - ever owned one?

Downloads
    Uploads

Husqvarna Viking experience centre - ever owned one?

What do you/did you have?

Got any good links? Yahoo groups? Manufacturers websites etc?
    Last edited by Scarlet; 10-20-2006 at 12:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok, I'll go first.

I have/ have owned a 6000 series (currently in pieces), #1+, Designer II and Designer I

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Designer I, a 905 and a 936.

I like the Husqvarna Viking website. I just downloaded the Designer I update with new stitches too. I also like to sometimes try their embroidery club projects to learn new techniques on the machine.

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/us/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Scandinavia 200.
    Mama to Megan 10/98, Carina 5/01 and Brendan 6/03

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lily 545!
    Sarah
    Mama to A (11/02) and O (12/06)

Downloads
    Uploads
    This already came in handy. I had no idea there was a new update! Of course now I can't remember my log-in. urgh. I'll have to wait until it goes to the dealer.

Can someone else post the link to reviews about Vikings at pattern review please?

Here are some yahoo user groups about Vikings

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/viking_machines/ (this one is mine)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Designer1/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digitizewithhus/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vikingd1/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/viking...achinespre1980

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all

I have the #1+, Designer 1 and 936 serger.

I love Vikings (obviously since I keep forking over my money to them huh?)

I think they sew "sew much" better than anything else I've tried.
    Ann Marie
    Wife to Joe, Mama to Emmy Jack Natalie

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Huskylock 910! Love it! No problems thus far!
    Amber...SAHM to Isaac David, #2 due January 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Huskylock 905 (love it!) and I just got a Huskylock 1003 LCD which is a 5 thread serger and coverstitcher. So far I love it as well. It's nice and quiet too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Viking Rose. I have had it for 5 years and am *very* happy with it. I've never used the embroidery features (just now getting into that) but I've used it a whole lot for diaper making, quilting, and garments. The stitching is always perfect, I can slow down the speed to help my accuracy, and I love the decorative stitches. It's never had a problem or needed a repair.

The only way I'd give up my machine is if I could afford a Designer, which isn't happening. So overall I'm thrilled with it!
    Rebecca,
    mama to Elizabeth and
    Dillon, married to my
    DH for 5 happy years!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first sewing machine was a Viking - Juliet. It is a very basic sewing machine - good for a beginner. I have kept it even though I bought two more machines. It is a very good quality machine. I keep this as a back up machine if my other machine(s) break down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I was just wondering how much the serger with coverstitch costs.
    Thanks
    Suemarie

suemarie

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought a Designer SE earlier this month. Love it, It's great it came with a free fabric mover w/stitch regulator which i haven't yet taken out of the box. Well worth the $$ so far.
    Kami SAHM to Alexandria-12,Ryker-9,Harlan-4

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Lily 545 and a Huskylock 905. I love them both and they have never given me any problems.
    Last edited by RTA; 12-17-2007 at 07:49 PM.
    Ro, Mommy to four wonderful kids

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Husqvarna Viking experience centre - ever owne

i have a huskylock 905. i bought it about a month-2 months ago. I love the machine! i had never even looked at a serger in real life before i put my hands on this machine. i looked at many sergers and compared brands and functions and decided to go see this one in person. it is extremely easy to use and thread. the owners manual is well written and explains everything. the video that came with it is very helpful as well.
    i was able to make my first useable garment on the machine within a week (of not playing with it everyday)
    the only thing that i wish it had was a coverstitch. i decided to go with just a serger because i wasn't sure i wanted to sink that much money into a machine that i may or may not like. i think i may eventually buy a single coverstitch machine to use as well and bring my machine count to 3! (i think this is another addiction i wasn't warned about!)

anyway, price was fair for what i had seen with other compareable machines. i payed $699, on sale from $799 retail. I also get free classes with the dealer that sold it to me but i don't feel that i will need them.

i HIGHLY recommend the huskylock 905 serger.
    Mom of 4 DISO motivation and time to sew uninterrupted.
    Belle Belle's Boutique

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the EM 10 embroidery machine and the Sapphire 830 (which I'm getting for Christmas and can't play with yet )
    Kristina- WAHW to my soulmate & WAHM to my 3DC

Downloads
    Uploads

Huskystar EM10 embroidery machine

had for almost a year now. lots of trail and error. mostly error. not worth the $$. i would have rather saved alittle longer and got a better machine. they have been discontinued due to how many reports of things going wrong with them. from my understanding you cannot even get replacement parts for them. these machines ar enot made by viking. so the quality and name that viking carries is not in the quality if this machine. i am trading it in before my year is up so i am not completely out all the $$ i spent on it.
    barbara momma of 7
    summer sewing to do list
    DS- 12 tank tops- DONE, 15 pairs boxers 13 done, 12 t-shirts- 7 done, 12 pairs shorts 7 done, PJ's 7 pairs, 0 done
    for each of my 3 DD's- 6 dresses- 3 done, 12 t-shirts 0 done, 6 skirts 0 done, 12 pairs panties- 0 done, 7 nightgowns- 0 done

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Rose. I bought it in 97 and have never regretted it. I had always had cheap machines before that so when I got the Rose I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The only problem I have had with it is a spring in the pressure foot lifter broke twice. They said it was from lifting it up to far. However they replaced it both time for free.
    Jeanna

Wife to Ken for 21years. Mother of two. Nathan 19 and Marina 14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought a Platinum 950E and the Huskylock 936. I love them so far. I haven't used the embroidery yet, but can't wait to get started.

I had a Huskystar C20 and a White serger before I bought these and the difference is out of this world. Huskystar's are designed by Husqvarna but made by Singer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Viking Rose, and openly covet my sis's Designer I (with all the bells and whistles). I love my machine, and as soon as I can afford one, I'll probably purchased a used Designer I w/o trading in my Rose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast