User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husqvarna Viking experience centre - ever owned one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have the h/v emerald 118- i paid too much (it seems) and i should have done a lot more research b/f i bought this. this machine would be great for, say, your dd or kid sister to learn on- but for my purposes it doesn't perform consistently. i have had it serviced 3 times in the past 1 1/2 years and i'm simply not happy anymore with this machine.
    ~~~k'reen~~~ proud and happy wife to Clark, mama to keoni, (b. june 2003), holden, (b. nov 2006), & sawyer (b. nov 2008)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a Janome 9700 and have had it for 1 year now. It has been a great machine so far. I have really enjoyed my machine and being creative. The sewing center where it was purchased holds a monthly meeting and the demonstrator shows us tips. I love the free support and everyone brings projects that they are working on. So it has been great fun!
    I'm going to be a grandma in August. 1st Grandchild!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon View Post
    had for almost a year now. lots of trail and error. mostly error. not worth the $$. i would have rather saved alittle longer and got a better machine. they have been discontinued due to how many reports of things going wrong with them. from my understanding you cannot even get replacement parts for them. these machines ar enot made by viking. so the quality and name that viking carries is not in the quality if this machine. i am trading it in before my year is up so i am not completely out all the $$ i spent on it.
    I agree with barb on this 100%.. i have the EM10 and bought it last Aug for $900 and I'm trading it up as well!

The thread constantly breaks and locks up.. there is CONSTANTLY an error message on it and it took me over 2.5 hours to make a small 500 stitch embroidery..
    Kristina- WAHW to my soulmate & WAHM to my 3DC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an Iris. Got it 6 years ago. Works great. I like sewing on it, but the embroidery isn't that great. Wish I could afford a designer.
    Marie
    Mom to David 2/1/03, Andrew 2/13/06 and baby Ashlee 10/10/09, Surprise! #4 Due Dec 8, 2011!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Husqvarna Viking experience centre - ever owne

I have the Freesia 425 which is not made anymore. The IRIS is one step up from this machine. I wish I had gotten the IRIS - about the same price - and a few more decorative stitches. Oh well....you learn. However...I've had my Freesia for around 7 years now and NOT ONCE has it been in the shop for repairs.
    Debi

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't ever over look a vintage. I don't do embroidery or very many fancy stitches but I inherited a Husky/Viking 6460 from the 1980's and I have never had any want for more. I know my mom paid a lot of money for it new but it is such a work horse and has lasted all these years with a lot of use, I just can't say enough. Also when I first got it, I had the viking dealer go over it and tune it up, he said this was a great model and to keep it going because it is a problem free model and one of the last ones really built in sweden.
    The best part, they sell on ebay all the time for around $50!
    Mom to Myles (7), Charlotte (4), and Alice (1), oh, and DH of course, the biggest kid of all.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have an Emerald 183 I've had for several months. I LOVE it! I also have a Huskylock 905 I've had for about 4-5 years and I've never had any problems. It's a workhorse. I bought it to make diapers and it was the only one after trying out several that could handle all the layers in a diaper soaker. It sews through them like nothing, no hesitation or skipping.
    Wendy, mom to 3 big boys and a baby girl

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a designer se le that was purchased a year ago, I love her. She was a trade up from an inherited lily 545, which I also loved (just wanted the emb capabilities) and a few months ago a 936 replaced my bl serger. I have been eying vintage hv on CL and Ebay for a while now too, so as soon as the right one comes along at the right time I'll round out my vintage collection a bit, heh heh.
    Sarah, mama to Riley (95), Mason (96), and Taite, the ragamuffin (05)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12