User Tag List

Thread: Singer experience centre - ever had one?

Downloads
    Uploads

Singer experience centre - ever had one?

What do you/did you have?

Got any good links? Yahoo groups? Manufacturers websites etc?
    Last edited by Scarlet; 10-20-2006 at 12:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK I'm first here.

I've got a Singer (can't remember the model #) from 1995 and two vintage Singers from the early 1900's. They both work but I don't use them.
    Ann Marie
    Wife to Joe, Mama to Emmy Jack Natalie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Singer Quantum 9910 that my husband bought me last year for my birthday. I got it for $315 after a trade-in on my old machine, when all other retailers (online too) were carrying it for $499, so I got a great deal. I love my machine. It has been able to handle everything so far, including heavyweight fabrics, and I have never had a problem with twin-needle topstitching.
    Deb
    Wife, mom, data analyst, craftaholic

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Singer Quantum 9920 bought it for $399. I love it. My only problem with this is the auto threader. It broke after a few months (and it happened to my friend as well who has the same machine). I finally got it fixed a few years later (when I needed the machine tuned up) and it only cost me $10 (for the part). I love this machine! I have used it with all sorts of fabrics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Singer 7462 ( LOVE IT!!!!!!) and A Singer 3/4 Serger I LOVE THEM BOTH! Though, the serger is hard to thread and comes with no videos lol ;) But I finally got it!!

Check out our
    , it is documenting our journeys into homeschooling and a crunchier life!

I accept RME!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the singer quantumlock coverstitch machine. Mine shocks me.. Had one sent it back.. same thing with this one. Works great but dang that hurts.. Hubby tested it and it puts out 95 volts from the foot plate.. Anyone with this machine could you test it please.. I want to contact the company.
    ((HUGS))
    Peppermint

Downloads
    Uploads
    Peppermint,
    This is a bit late, but I have that machine and I've never been shocked. That must really be freaky! Did you try a different outlet?
    Melissa, SAHM to my angel Brianna

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Singer Futura CE100. Sewing and embroidery. I love the machine. It is super easy to learn but I feel that it will keep me for many many years. It has lots of stitch functions, super easy to thread and the bobbin is no problem! The embroidery is very good. I'm sure it's not like other higher class machines but I've never used anything but this so I really like it. It does what I want and more. The only problem I've had with it was when I was installing the embroidery program on my computer I had to go to the Singer site and download a patch for Windows, not a big deal. Also, it's been back to the shop (local dealer/repair) twice trying to get to bobbin winder to stop "screaming" turns out it just needed some lubrication down inside the fly wheel.
    I ended up paying $800 for it October 2006, shortly after I bought mine, the price went down considerably. Go figure...
    Anyway, I'm very happy with my Futie. There are several Yahoo Groups for help and ideas with the Futura. Very helpful!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Singer model 7422. I love it. I got it at Walmart on clearance for $130. It has a bunch of different stitch patterns and is very easy to use. Love it.