User Tag List

Thread: Chloe's Toes Diaper Pattern

Downloads
    Uploads

Chloe's Toes Diaper Pattern

I've been making Chloe's Toes diapers since before she started selling them. To be honest, I've never quite made them according to the 13 pages of instructions, something that I usually do at least once per pattern.

The Chloe's Toes (CT) pattern is a pretty straightforward pattern. It comes with 7 sizes (preemie, newborn, small, medium, large, extra large and extra extra large.) I've made mediums on up to XXL. The CT diaper is designed to use foldover-elastic as binding and to be honest, though I tried doing this as a turn-and-top stitch pattern, I didn't care for it. I've made this pattern as both AIOs and as fitteds and like both. The diaper is a low rider, hanging below the belly on a normal toddler. There is no need for an umbilical cord notch on these diapers as the waist is so low.

What I liked about this pattern
    :
    It is fast and easy to sew using FOE to bind. I have also use this pattern to make fitteds, using elastic instead of FOE and serging the edges. I like the shape of the overall diaper, except my special needs girl has runny bf-like poops and skinny legs, so she really needs gussets in th legs. I borrowed the leg gusset from my PooPockets pattern and voila, leg gussets! Right now, I'm making fitted diapers with an attached soaker and skipping the snaps to use a Snappi instead. This combo is working just fine and I hope that my dh figures out how to use the Snappi soon.

What I don't like about this pattern:

In my experience, using FOE on an AIO leads to wicking. Catherine acknowleges this with instructions to either make pocket diaper (which I'm not a fan of) or coat the outer layer with waterproofing spray. I tried it, but didn't care much for the process or the results.

The other caveat is the free side snapping cover featured on the website. It's a nice pattern and goes together easily, but the waist is huge. I made 2 XXL and 1 XL before I tried them on my dd, but even on the XL, there was easily 5-6 inches of extra room. This is meant for a very chubby toddler and my almost 5 yo dd has the waist of Scarlet O'Hara.

Conclusion:
    Overall, I'm very pleased with the CT pattern and intend to make more, though I will have to try my hand at extending the pattern as dd grows.

Pics:

With gusset:

Opened with gusset:
    Last edited by SewPaula; 08-13-2006 at 09:45 PM.
    Paula S somewhere in Missouri
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.