User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kori Skirt Sew Along *added to downloads*

Downloads
    Uploads
    bumping for me for later

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Downloads
    Uploads
    As a sewing-newbie, I've got a couple questions (with more to come). I just love this skirt and really want to do it.

1. I don't have any lastin. Can I get it at JA's? Can I make it w/out the lastin? What's the purpose of it?

2. I don't understand the reasoning on the lengths of lastin used. IOW, how do I know how long to cut it for my sized skirt?

3. Approx. how much fabric does it use for a women's Med. or Large size?

TIA to anyone who answers and thank you to Kori!!
    Amy, loving wee boy #4
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    born last Spring!
    Nature loving, homeschooling mama of 3 4 precious boys.

Wood strip-built kayak made by DH as a gift for his dad.
    Kayaking is my bliss: San Juan Islands last New Years Eve.

Downloads
    Uploads
    bumping.

Maybe I should start a new thread for these questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. I don't have any lastin. Can I get it at JA's? Can I make it w/out the lastin? What's the purpose of it?
    You can get clear elastic at Joanns. I don't think it's called lastin. I use the lastin to gather. There are different methods to gather as well.

2. I don't understand the reasoning on the lengths of lastin used. IOW, how do I know how long to cut it for my sized skirt? I think I explained it above but I cut the lastin for each tier an inch smaller than the tier above it that I'll be attaching it too.

3. Approx. how much fabric does it use for a women's Med. or Large size? I'm pretty sure it was less than 2 yards of 60" wide knit.

HTH.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kori View Post
    You can get clear elastic at Joanns. I don't think it's called lastin. I use the lastin to gather. There are different methods to gather as well.

2. I don't understand the reasoning on the lengths of lastin used. IOW, how do I know how long to cut it for my sized skirt? I think I explained it above but I cut the lastin for each tier an inch smaller than the tier above it that I'll be attaching it too.

3. Approx. how much fabric does it use for a women's Med. or Large size? I'm pretty sure it was less than 2 yards of 60" wide knit.

HTH.

Thank you, Kori. It really helps. I found clear elastic at JA's last night. Sorry to have you repeat for #2. I must have missed it the first go around. Sometimes concentrating is tough w/3 boys clawing at me.

Amy

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Kori Skirt Sew Along *added to downloads*

I love this tutorial- I was just thinking last night of trying to figure out how to make DD and I matching skirts for the summer. I was going to use Heather Ross fabric though---hmmmm--- but I wonder if I can still use the tut and put a knit waistband without it looking too crazy?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sure you can. Kori used to sell skirts like that (not sure if she still does) and they were lovely.

edit: her woven ones were basically an a-line with that waistband. Let me see if I can find some pics.

Downloads
    Uploads

There's one in this link. Hope that helps! Welcome to the board!

http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthr...ght=kori+skirt

Downloads
    Uploads

I love it! Great directions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Super cute!!! Okay- I am going to try it.

I'd like to make matching Mama & DD skirts for Mother's day-- but I am still ISO the fabric that I'd like to use. I was looking around the site for the ISO section when I came across this thread again THANKS GIRLS!!!

ISO O+S Bedtime Story PJs pattern size 4-8
    (possibly interested in any other O+S patterns!)
    & Kwik Sew 3501
    ANY CONDITION - Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is a really old post but I wanted to thank you for posting this. I used the Lastin to gather the latest smurfs dress I made it it was SO much easier. THANK YOU!!
    Crystal, newbie sewer, old time embroiderer LOL
    Christian WAHM to 3 Wonderful munchkins Elijah, Faith and Grace. Wife to my preacher man Jeremiah

Downloads
    Uploads

great skirts !!

Want to unload your Otto 2/12? Let me know

Stash Game Running Totals: 770 points/ 77 yards sewn

Downloads
    Uploads

oh this is wonderful.

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

hey..... even I could do this....

Downloads
    Uploads

Great tut!
    Andrea

additional FB
    and

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12