User Tag List

Thread: peek-a-boo patterns footed PJs

Downloads
    Uploads

peek-a-boo patterns footed PJs

Peek-a-Boo pattern for Classic Footed Pajamas, one-piece zip-up PJs for kids newborn through age 12. Available to buy as a PDF here.

I made the newborn size with full zipper (half-zip option for sizes 2 and up) in a mid-weight jersey. I included the optional elastic at the backs of the legs to help keep the feet in place, and did not use non-slip fabric for the soles of the feet.

Here is the finished garment (stripes), with a similar Carter's NB garment for comparison. The peek-a-boo PJs are a teeny bit longer (maybe 1/2").

The finished product looks like the design on the website, and I am fairly pleased with it. The directions were mostly easy to follow, and the owner encourages you to write with questions, so if I hadn't been itching to get this finished, I might have a tidier left inseam or neckline to show for it now...

OK, so the left inseam... You sew the zipper in place and then finish the rest of the inseam (short distance, for the NB size, only a couple of inches), and instructions specifically tell you to be careful not to get the zipper tape caught in the inseam. But in order to avoid that, but also avoid gaping below where the zipper ends, you have to (or at least I did) sew this part of the leg with a narrower inseam than the pattern calls for. I sewed and unpicked this three times before I just gave up and left it a bit wonky.

Following on from the wonky inseam, or rather from the imprecise seam allowance used there, the foot piece doesn't quite fit. I am not super bothered by these unintended gathers, but when I make these again, I might ask the designer for some pointers on how to sew this section more tidy-like.

And the neckline instructions have you sew the neckband with the ends overhanging the front edges. But it was unclear to me (from the instructions and from the photos) whether I should be defining the front edge as the zipper teeth or as what could be called the zipper facing, as the zip itself hasn't been turned into place yet. Again, I think the results are OK, but I am not sure I did this right:

All in all, I am pleased with the outcome here,and will make these again, even for my my big kids!!
    Last edited by mom2a2z; 02-27-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: peek-a-boo patterns footed PJs

And here's the NB size on my 52cm newborn! Fits great!

Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)