Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer
Amy Butler
Pattern Name/Number
Reversible Sunday Sling
Pattern Description
from the pattern Stylish & sweet and easy to sew! This reversible modern design is great for beginners - with simple, large pockets, tie handles and pleats. This gorgeous bag makes every day as easy as Sunday
Which view and size did you make?
small sling
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
If not, why?
pretty much. but it is a large bag- i made the small one.. and it is ugly with the tie handles
Were the instructions easy to follow?
No
If not, why?
her directions are not very good and they are confusing. i don't like her techniques. her patterns skimp on pieces so you have to fold and refold pieces for different pattern pieces instead of having a pattern to trace for each piece.. it gets very confusing. the outside pockets are not functional.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
the directions and the style of bag. it took alot of interface, fusible fleece and fabric. i am an experienced bag maker and this was not really a beginner pattern
Fabric used
Amy butler peony and coordinates
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
added magnetic snap and key leash. left out cell phone pouch bc it was not very handy
Would you sew this pattern again?
No
Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No
Any additional comments
the pockets on the outside are take a while to make and they are really deep and narrow. good for an umbrella or knitting needles- that is about it
Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-