User Tag List

Thread: Design 34 Jungle Stripes jersey dress

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 34 Jungle Stripes jersey dress

Size 128-170 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 34 Jungle Stripes jersey dress

This was a birthday gift for one of DS1's friends. It is Otto 3/12 #34 Jungle Stripes jersey dress. This is a CA jersey I bought a few years ago. Size 128 and 140 in length. This went together really quickly! I added a 1/4 inch SA when I traced this. At the neck and sleeve hems I serged the edges (without the knife) and then folded over a 1/2 inch. I sewed the casing at about 3/8 inch and used 1/4 inch elastic to gather. I had to find a small enough safety pin to pull the elastic through. It was difficult with the pleats in the casing in the neck hole to not push the safety pin into a "dead end".

ETA: the 140 length was 29 inches unhemmed from top of shoulder to bottom of hem.

(Sorry about the phone pic. I remembered to snap these on the way out to the party and the SLR batteries were dead!)

Action shot of the dress courtesy of the bday girl's mom
    Last edited by jerigirl; 08-05-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    ~Jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 34 Jungle Stripes jersey dress

Very cute! I'm getting ready to make this one for my daughter, in the 170 cm size with a lot of width added. I didn't realize (even though it says!) that the neckline had elastic - I was planning all this stuff to stabilize it! Dorp. Thanks for the review, I'm not sure I would have caught it till it was too late!