User Tag List

Thread: Design 17 Seesaw jersey top

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 17 Seesaw jersey top

Size 92-122 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 17 Seesaw jersey top

This t-shirt is so cute. I went up one size on the lenght else it would have been to short
    Quick making and so cute

Downloads
    Uploads

It runs quite short IMHO. Measure the length carefully before cutting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Came up very narrow-I had to go up two sizes, and yes add length
    Its a lovely top once you get the fit right. Will try it with foe neckline next time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mama to Claudia-Jean 29/01/09

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, definitely short. I lengthened it a couple sizes, then added more length when I cut.

And I have to admit it took me a few minutes to figure out the construction of the sleeve ruffles.
    Last edited by caseyj; 05-31-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

I love this shirt - I am trying to sew it for my daughter...but I am stuck on the sleeve construction and although many of you mentioned also having trouble, no one explained how they did it. Would anyone have a minute to do so?

I don't understand why there are three sleeve ruffles in the pattern when the finished shirt has only two ruffles?

Before I can even CUT my fabric (i wanted to different fabrics for the ruffles) I need to know how they go together. Do the inner and outer frills get sewn together? but why? that would just cause a seam down the middle? That is all I can figure out though. I hate it when Ottobre makes what appears to be a simple shirt sound so confusing!!

Any help would be VERY much appreciated!!
    Thank You!
    Amber

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi amber

you have a top frill, piece 5 and a bottom frill piece 4, piece 3 is the actual sleeve, so the bottom frill gets sewn on to the lower edge of piece 3 and the top frill is laid on the top of piece 3 (so when you sew the binding on you are sewing through the piece 3 and the top frill)

If i get a minute I'll try to take a photo of one that I've done
    You are right, I struggled with the directions for a biut too-one of those that would have worked better with diagrams!

Mama to Claudia-Jean 29/01/09

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you! I actually figured it out in a huge AHA!!!! Moment somewhere around the 10th read-through. dur! Have the sleeves all sew up and on and am now trying to decide how to do the neckline binding (color...) and should be finished up soon. yay! took way too long though, considering how simple this shirt is! I might make a tangerine next time instead. raglan style, short sleeves and much quicker. :P

Amber

Downloads
    Uploads

For anyone else, maybe a picture will help. In the picture, I lifted up the smaller frill so you can see the sleeve piece below it.

After gathering the tops of both frills, the biggest frill is attached to the lower side of the sleeve pieces. The smaller frill just is basted on top of the sleeve at the neckline. The neckline binding goes over both of them.

In the gathering, the smaller frill needs to be gathered to the size of the top of the sleeve where it attaches to the neckline binding. The bigger frill needs to be gathered to the size of the lower end of the sleeve piece, where it attaches.

Downloads
    Uploads

More of these:

I really love this pattern!
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

These shirts are all so cute.

Downloads
    Uploads

Like everyone else said, this runs super short. I traced the length 3 sizes longer than the width, and it was just barely long enough.

[img]
    Ottobre 3/12 #17 by ericaeli, on Flickr[/img]
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009