Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER ---
Pattern Name/Number
The Go-To Dress by Train to Crazy
Pattern Description
A simple knit dress with long sleeves for sizes 2-5.
Which view and size did you make?
size 4
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
If not, why?
-
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes
If not, why?
It would be nice to know how big to make the neck...
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like that it's free!! I agree with other posters that it would be nice to know how big to make the neck. My first one was too big, so i did it over. I think next time, i'll get a neckband from my fish sticks raglan pattern and use that for length...
Fabric used
knit jersey and ribbing...not sure i'd use ribbing again...she said to use rib knit...i'm thinking she's right!
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
For the neckband, i sewed the shoulders together first and then sewed the neckband on like you would sew on a cuff. I don't know why, but I always do it this way. For the elastic casing, i really wanted to avoid the bodkin/safety pin threading the elastic step. I hate doing that. I sewed up one side of the dress (instead of both) and then attached the top of the ribbing. Then I put the elastic in (i had to use extra long elastic) and sewed the bottom part of the ribbing (underneath the elastic). So then both ends of the elastic were sticking out the unsewn side. I then cinched the elastic to the correct size, sewed it and cut it. THEN I sewed the second side of the dress. (I hope that makes sense!!) I also made the dress a little longer.
Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes
Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes
Any additional comments
I really appreciate people who are willing to take time to share patterns and ideas online. I thought the dress was a good fit too. I'll just have to see if my daughter wears it...that'll tell me if i'm making another!!
Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-