User Tag List

Thread: Denim & Lace Flower Pin Tutorial

Downloads
    Uploads

Denim & Lace Flower Pin Tutorial

Gather some denim and lace scraps.  Draw a flower shape on paper and cut out.  This does NOT have to be perfect! As you can...I'm definitely NOT an artist! Trace onto the denim.  

Cut flower shape out.

Nice stack of flowers.....you will need 10 denim flowers and 10 lace flowers.

Fold each flower shape in half....

And in half again and pin.

Another view of the pinned petals.  Do this to 6 lace flowers and 8 denim flowers.

Make a 'sandwich' of lace-denim-lace out of the remaining flowers.  These will be the flowers' center.

Fold in half....And half again....

And fold again to end up with this.....

Now take the pile of flowers to the sewing machine and sew 5/8 inch from the pointy end.

A pile of folded and stitched flowers.  Not all are in this picture.  You will have 8 plain denim, 6 plain lace, and 2 denim & lace sandwiches.

Arrange four flowers as shown and sew onto a scrap of denim.  You can use a glue stick to hold it in place until you sew it.  

Arrange four more denim flowers on top and stitch into place.

Here is what you end up with at this point.

Next, take 4 plain lace flowers and tuck into place in between the two layers of denim flowers that at sewn into place.  I used a hot glue gun and glued them into place.

Take the folded flower sandwiches and glue them in the center.  Tuck the final 2 plain lace flowers in the center.

Glue a small scrap of felt onto the back along with a pin.
    Flower pins finished!

A side view....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Denim & Lace Flower Pin Tutorial

Fun tutorial! I wonder, could you sew down the inserted lace petals in a previous layer? My dd loves to tear apart anything glued.
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-

My gluten-free blog-

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sewingmel View Post
    Fun tutorial! I wonder, could you sew down the inserted lace petals in a previous layer? My dd loves to tear apart anything glued.
    I'm sure you could. I just took the pictures as I was making it this way. I truly detest things that are glued for the reason of kids pulling them apart. I plan on making more this week and definitely will try to finagle them in there some way or other when I sew the other layers.

Downloads
    Uploads

How cute!

~ kelly ~

mom to Alex, Zoe and Jack

my ISO:
    Snoopy Embroidery CDs
    dies for metal snaps to fit an OSDS press & 14/16 metal snaps

Visit Sewing Mamas'
    !
    Find Sewing Mamas on
    !
    Tweet with
    !
    Check out the Sewing Mamas
    !

Downloads
    Uploads

neat tute

Downloads
    Uploads

It's gorgeous! Thank you a lot for sharing

Downloads
    Uploads

These are cute ornaments to the denim bag I recently made.

Downloads
    Uploads

These are adorable! I made a bunch of flowers for my wedding last year, and now I'm wishing I had found this site back then. Seriously, fantastic job! Thank you for sharing!

Downloads
    Uploads

Those are very pretty! Thank you for taking pictures for every step. I am just amazed how talented you are. Would want to make this as a V-Day present for my girl friends. Good job and keep it up!