Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER ---
Pattern Name/Number
Violette Field Threads Chloe Dress
Pattern Description
The Chloe dress is the perfect party dress! Chloe includes two versions. The Floor Length Chloe has a long full chiffon skirt. The Tea Length Chloe has a shorter fuller tulle and chiffon skirt. Both versions of Chloe are couture gowns that will be perfect for special occasions, tea parties, dress-up, and amazing pictures.
Which view and size did you make?
18month Tea length
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
If not, why?
-
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes
If not, why?
The bodice instructions were very easy to follow. Almost to the point of too many pictures/steps explained. The skirt directions I felt were a wee bit lacking which is unfortunate when you ar attempting to gather 9 yards of skirt fabric (tulle, netting, nylon chiffon and lining) into a bodice made up of barely a yard.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The dress is gorgeous and wasn't as hard as I was afraid it would be. However I hated the waist band/sash application. You attach the bodice to the skirt (all 9 yards) and then sew the waist band on. Not a problem until you are trying to wrestle all that tulle, chiffon, netting under your presser foot. There has to be a better way. I just haven't figured it out. On the plus side, you don't have to hem all those layers.
Fabric used
Taffeta, tulle, netting, nylon chiffon.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I am hoping to figure out an easier, cleaner way to attach the waist sash.
Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes
Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes
Any additional comments
-
Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-