Pattern Manufacturer
    --- OTHER ---
    Pattern Name/Number
    Violette Fields
    Pattern Description
    Adele Bustle Dress/ Tunic
    Which view and size did you make?
    2 & 3
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    No
    If not, why?
    I had to make many modifications.
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    -
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    Dislikes- Pattern runs very small in the chest. My girls are in a 2T in TRW clothes and the 2 of this pattern was skin tight through the chest.
    The neckline is way too low esp with the weight of the dress & bustle.
    The hemline line falls too low for my liking. It feel about 2" below the knee for my avg height 2.5 year olds.
    Pattern is made for short sleeves so u will have to add a piece if u want long sleeves.
    I hated the look of the fold over and stitch neckline so I did a binding instead.
    I was annoyed that the pattern showed pictures of flowers along the bustle yet there were no instructions on how to do those. It was a separate pattern that you had to buy.
    The dress looks a bit plain in the front unless you spice it up. The back is really cute with the ruffles and bustle and then on the front....nothing. The comments we got on it were that it looked like it was on backwards...and that they thought the ruffles should be extended around the front.

I love the gathering on the sleeve cap.
    Fabric used
    cotton knits
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    size 2 fits more like 18M (if u remove the bottom ruffle & an equal amount form the front.
    size 3 fits like 2T. I haven't made any bigger sizes yet.
    I made the front & back necklines shallower by quite a bit.
    I did a binding instead of the fold over & stitch neckline & hemline style shown in the pattern. In the pattern the seams at neck& hem were wavy like there was a tension issue and I did not want that look so i chose the binding instead.
    To get the appropriate length for my toddlers I had to remove the bottom ruffle in the back & the equal amount in the front. And I felt that version needed more interest on the front so I did the applique. The second versions I did, I continued that seam line around the front so it had a bodice piece and a skirt in the front too.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Yes
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    No
    Any additional comments
    I personally dont like the pattern as is. But now that I have made many changes to it, I think it is pretty cute. But it is def not the adele bustle dress anymore.
    Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
    First version with front in 1 piece and minus the second ruffle on the back and matching length on the front:
    second version: 2 front pieces instead of 1, minus the second ruffle in the back and equal amount of length in the front. These are a size 3 per her pattern, but I am calling it a 2T. Fits my 28pound 2.5 year old just right.
    Last edited by fabriclovinfool; 01-30-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: --- OTHER --- Violette Fields

My first versions i used bamboo french terry b/c i wanted something warmer than just cotton interlock, but the weight of the fabric was too much so I had to take the bustle back off. The second version I used cotton knits and I just layer it with a long sleeved undershirt, tights and warm boots.
    ISO Farbenmix Adelinde skirt pattern, Dear Stella pink horses, Megan Nielsen Maternity patterns please!!

K, happy sewin mama to my micropreemie quadruplets...little miracle babies turned crazy toddlers over night