User Tag List

Thread: Design 23 All-Time Favorite cargo sweatpants

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 23 All-Time Favorite cargo sweatpants

Size 86-122 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 23 All-Time Favorite cargo sweatpants

These are really quick to sew, and the slim cut is a great fit on skinny kids.

[img]
    Otto 6/12 #23 by ericaeli, on Flickr[/img]
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that these are a great fit on skinny kids. Though I did find the waistband bulky in the front above the pockets. I used a real heavy weight sweatshirt fabric so that didn't help matters.

I made a 104 width for my skinny minny and a 122 length as I don't want these outgrown in a couple of weeks!
    Last edited by beachmom; 02-10-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Cindy

Downloads
    Uploads

Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

Having double triple quadruple measured to make sure there would be enough ease, I made this in a woven fabric. Size 122 for my 120cm kid. They were a little long, I cut about 1cm off at the hems and then sewed about 3cm more into the hem, but the result is good.

Front:

Back:

I left off the cargo pockets, as I needed these to be a really quick project.

I didn't really follow the instructions as my copy of the magazine was in German and I can only get so far with it. But with basic pants construction skills, these came together pretty quickly.

I like the design of the hip pocket facing, which does cut down on the bulk you would otherwise end up with through the waistband.
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)