User Tag List

Thread: Design 17 Mail Express tunic

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 17 Mail Express tunic

Size 86-122 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 17 Mail Express tunic

In size 86. Beautiful little tunic!! My niece is super duper skinny so I have a feeling it might be a little too wide. Very easy to put together.

Kelly

Visit my blog at

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Another! For this one I cut the bottom piece in half and made a tiered tunic.... I appliqued the middle section and cut the bottom section wider so that it could be gathered. I actually didn't think it out thoroughly though since the middle section is also slightly gathered to the bodice piece, the gathering looked silly because the applique was all wavy! Duh! So I kind of gathered the sides of the middle piece so that the center layed flat. Geesh. So much for being creative!

Kelly

Visit my blog at

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Basically love this tunic. Fits narrower in the shoulders than some Otto patterns, so really looks cute. Tolerates a woven on the sleeves and the bottom half.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Really cute pattern! I thought it was going to be too wide, but it actually fits rather nicely.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

I have yet to try it on my daughter, who has been napping for 2 1/2 hours now, but it looks like it might fit her. I think my tension might be too high however when I did the neckline, as it stretched a bit. Or it might just be my sewing machine. I did struggle with the construction of the neckline until I read "faux" envelope neckline. Oh, and it's not hemmed yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Top is the Mail Express tunic from 1/2012 #17 in size 98. Fabric is a really nice weight cotton-lycra from Fabricland. I used FOE instead of binding and am happy with the way it turned out, plus it made for much speadier sewing The instructions are a bit vague on how to do the neckline, but it was easy once I realized it was a faux envelope style, rather than the real deal.

Jess - Part time K teacher and full time Mom to 2 beautiful girls and one handsome boy, living on a dairy farm with the man of my dreams!

my sewing blog

Downloads
    Uploads

This top is sewn in size 86. It was fun and easy to make, [IMG][IMG] IMG_9494 by idahosewfun, on Flickr[/IMG][[IMG] IMG_9497 by idahosewfun, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by sweet marie; 03-29-2013 at 01:52 AM. Reason: downloaded wrong pic