User Tag List

Thread: Design 02 Little Houses knit pants

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 02 Little Houses knit pants

Size 50-86 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 02 Little Houses knit pants

Easy to make, good basic piece.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    , and

Downloads
    Uploads

Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

I made 8 pairs of these little ruffle pants. 4 in 50cm and 4 in 56cm. Instructions said to do a rolled hem on the edges of strips and then ruffle. I did this on my first set and it made it so difficult. So on the other 6 pairs I just ruffled the strips and left the edges raw. I like it so much better that way!!! These went together so well and I think they turned out super cute

Downloads
    Uploads

These are so cute!! Size 56. Very easy to put together. No baby yet to see if they fit well though..

Kelly

Visit my blog at

Downloads
    Uploads

Pants are the Little House pants from otto 1/2012 #2, also in size 56. I love the bum panel A great pattern to use with larger prints since there legs are one piece so there are no seams to break it up. I shortened the waist elastic a bit since my kids tend to be skinny. I didn't feel like figuring out the flatlock on my serger (and didn't have yellow serger thread) so I just did the same triple stitch as the shirt.

Jess - Part time K teacher and full time Mom to 2 beautiful girls and one handsome boy, living on a dairy farm with the man of my dreams!

my sewing blog

Downloads
    Uploads

I sewed two pairs of these (both sz 50) in less than one morning - easy to cut and put together. The bum panel offers all kinds of opportunity for embellishment, and Jess is right, the fact that the front panel is cut in one pieces means it could make a great canvas for larger prints that you might not otherwise use for a small baby. (Though I did cut the front panel of the green pair on the fold because of the shape of the piece of fabric I had to use.)

I don't have a baby yet, so I can't say how these fit, and shockingly, we don't have any NB or 0-3 baby pants, so I can't even see if they compare to RTW. I did add 1cm to the leg length just before the cuff, as they were looking like all diaper and no legs... I also skipped the topstitching/flatlocking.

(T-shirt adapted from the onesie in Otto 3/10)
    Last edited by quartercentury; 02-27-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)