Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER ---
Pattern Name/Number
#109 Magic Pencil Skirt
Pattern Description
This is from Pamela's Patterns.

The pencil skirt silhouette is an improvement over the traditional straight skirt. It tapers in from hip to hem giving a more slimming appearance no matter what your body type! The secret is in the fitting process, and Pamela will teach you how to get the best fit ever with her proven dart and side seam placement methods. Need more reasons to stitch up this stylish look? How about a classic and great fitting skirt that you can make, start to finish, in a little more than an hour? You will achieve the smooth look that is traditionally found in skirts with a waistband and zipper, but the "magic" is done with comfortable Fantastic Elastic.

link to skirt pattern: http://www.pamelaspatterns.com/Store...A392D1C4AD66C0
Which view and size did you make?
I made view A, not high waisted
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
If not, why?
-
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes
If not, why?
-
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
There is nothing to dislike about this pattern: the instructions are super easy and you get a great looking skirt!

I wore my skirt to work this week, and I got lots of compliments but no one asked me if I made it -- which is usually a sign that it looks THAT good.
Fabric used
Kaufman stretch denim from fabric.com
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I started with a large, but should have gone with a medium... I don't know if my fabric was super stretchy or if the pattern runs big; I also shortened it 1 inch.

I will come and update the review once I make it again in a different fabric that's not stretch denim.
Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes
Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes
Any additional comments
I ordered the Fantastic elastic because I didn't want to be missing anything, but it's really this stuff: http://www.ctsusa.com/_e/Knitted_Ela...oll_50_yds.htm
She's also very responsive via e-mail which I think is awesome!

If you want to stop looking like a schlub but want a very easy pattern to work with, get this pattern.

I plan to get more of her patterns, as I have heard nothing but good things about them!!
Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
I haven't SNSd (laptop just today got fixed) but I will very soon!