User Tag List

Thread: Design 03 Cosy Winter dress

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 03 Cosy Winter dress

Size 62-92 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 03 Cosy Winter dress

Cosy Winter Dress on a Cold Model by beach_mom_3, on Flickr

I really, really, really liked this tunic/dress but I don't have any girls who fit into a 92. So, I upsized it to a 104 for my "baby". I skipped lining it which led to BK complaining about the clear elastic that was used to gather the sleeves. At the end of the day, I topstitched where the sleeve w/ elastic and ribbing are joined so that the clear elastic would lay flat and that took care of the complaining.

I really like this and have plans to make a couple more. I'll make the sleeves longer though so that the ribbing can be folded in half for now and unfolded for next year. That's not a problem with the pattern...it was my upsizing calculations!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I LOVE this pattern. I skipped the lining since I was using skin-friendly cotton knits. It is SO easy to put together though I am going to go up a size for DD because she's just giant.

I did not use elastic anywhere and just used the ribbing's stretch to gather the knits together. The whole thing goes together in 15 minutes on a serger. And it's so cute and easy to wear, but dare I say a little sophisticated too? Well depending on the fabric anyhow... I love that the giant cowl stays on a baby's shoulders but fits easily over a big noggin as well.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

After the concert by beach_mom, on Flickr

Another upsized one for my middle daughter. I skipped the elastic except inside the cowl. I also lengthened the sleeves and the overall length (even more than the purple one) so that this one will get more than one years wear. And I did not do the lining.

Cindy

Downloads
    Uploads

I love this one. I skipped all the elastic, and I wish I had put a little in the cowl. But I definitely think it can be skipped in the sleeves. I also did not line it. The fit was perfect on this one, I thought. I think this pattern would be best with a thick, stiff-ish sort of fabric to accentuate the shape. I made mine out of sweatshirt fleece, and I think it would be good in french terry, too. And I agree with pp that it is SO easy to make and super, super fast.
    Jenn
    ~ full time working mom to a 7 yo dd, 9 yo ds, 11 yo ds, and 12 yo dd -- with a homeschooling dh!

I (used to) blog at

by
    , on Flickr