Pattern Manufacturer
    --- OTHER ---
    Pattern Name/Number
    Blog Sewing Machine Cover
    Pattern Description
    Tutorial for drafting a custom Sewing Machine cover
    Which view and size did you make?
    custom
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    -
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    The pivot turn portion of this tutorial makes the nicest corner ever. Even if you don't need a machine cover, you should check out this technique.
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    She provides cutting formulas which is great. The only problem is that all of the parts are listed as ___ across by ____ tall until you get to the pocket. The pocket is listed as ___ tall by ___ across. You could easily make a mistake if you are new, sick, or tired.
    Fabric used
    Long hoarded timeless treasures print with lining that was in my grandmother's stash
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    I interfaced with lightweight interfacing. I planned to do fusible fleece, but I changed my mind at the last minute. I wish that I had used the fleece. It is just a bit floppy for my taste. I would also suggest interfacing the bottom part of the lining so that you will have a crisp band around the cover. I love that the lining is used instead of bias. I don't love that there isn't anything to hold the band in place. I suggest reinforcing that band by stitching in the ditch. My band ended up being a bit smaller than 1" when I pushed the lining to where it meets the outer fabric.

Since my fabric was directional, I cut the outside fabric 1" taller (2nd measurement) than suggested. I used the height of the side (2nd piece and 2nd measurement of the outside) to determine where to cut and flip the long piece. I sewed them together with 1/2" seam allowance, ironed the seam open, and applied fusible interfacing.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Yes
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    Yes
    Any additional commentsDid you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
    -
    Attached Images Attached Images