Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer
Burda
Pattern Name/Number
Pattern Description
One seam pants, now out of print but well loved and recommended on patternreview.
Which view and size did you make?
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No
If not, why?
It looks better on me than on the model. The pattern envelope picture is horrible.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes
If not, why?
-
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the crotch curve on these pants. They are so comfortable since there are no side seams. I didn't like the method they used for the casing for the waistband. They used the old fashioned sew the casing, thread the elastic inside. I will need to lower the waist a couple of inches in the front. I have a tilted waist. Oh, the best thing, one pattern piece! No side seams.
Fabric used
Cotton flannel
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I didn't sew my elastic waistband like they recommended. I cut my elastic a couple of inches or so smaller than my waist. Overlapped a bit and stitched it into a circle. I serged the waistband edges then turned under the edge. I marked the elastic in fourths and since there were no side seams, I had to mark 1/2 between the front and back seam. Matched the marks on the elastic to the marks on the pants. Stretched the elastic between marks and zigzagged on wrong side with edge of elastic on top of turned under edge of pants. Then I flipped the elastic waistband to the inside and zigzagged again stetching the waistband as I sewed.
Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes
Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes
Any additional comments
Pattern is out of print but if you can find one or have it in your stash you definitely have to sew it. Cutting it out is nice since one piece but if you need a larger size you need to be sure your table top is wide enough for your pattern piece.
Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.