User Tag List

Thread: Design 27 Bouquet brim hat

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 27 Bouquet brim hat

Head circumference 50-56 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!
    Last edited by mom2a2z; 04-30-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 27 Bouquet brim hat

Bouquet hat from 3-11 size 52. This runs pretty big in my opinion. I mean, I might have accidentally added a little bit too much seam allowance, but the hat fits me. I was a bit disappointed, so I didn't end up doing all of the topstitching that the pattern calls for.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 27 Bouquet brim hat

I really like this hat, and found the fit to be just right. You do need to be very careful with your cutting and sewing of this though. Since the crown is made up of 6 seams, if you are off by only 1/8" you will get a hat that is 1 1/2" too big which is a lot bigger for a hat since an adult head is not much bigger than a toddler's head (my big head is only 2 inches bigger than my 2 year old son's).

I only interfaced the brim of the hat becasue I don't like the way the crown feels when it has interfacing in it. The wide brim on this hat makes it a great sun hat IMO.

Erica mama to ds 1/2009
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.