User Tag List

Thread: Design 10 Sardegna linen capris

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 10 Sardegna linen capris

Size 34-46 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 10 Sardegna linen capris

SNS of my first pair of these, and first ever grown-up pants, is here.

I made a size 38 from the waist to the hips and tapered down to 36 from the hips, but this mixing of sizes was the only alteration I needed to make. Next time I will take some of the 'extra' out of the front crotch and lower the rise.

They fit close through the waist and hips and straight through the legs. I cropped them to just-below-knee length, but as they ended up being higher on my waist than I anticipated, they are shorter in the legs!

I added in-seam pockets in a sort-of-matchy fabric, and I also increased the SA on the long edges of the waistband, so that I could turn the free edge under to have a tidy finish on the inside. The instructions have you finish this raw edge, and then leave it exposed. This didn't turn out completely perfect, as I didn't catch the edge everywhere when stitching in place from the front, but it's not too shabby.

Last edited by quartercentury; 08-01-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 10 Sardegna linen capris

I made another pair of these shortly after, but never uploaded the pictures. I took a bit out of the rise and used a different pocket style. Still not totally perfect, but I am much more pleased with the fit on this version and wore them often last summer.

Expat Repatriating mama to two three!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New baby born at home, April 2014
    (Disclaimer: He's bigger than that now)