Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer
Amy Butler
Pattern Name/Number
Nappy bag
Pattern Description
THE NAPPY BAG
DIAPER BAG with CHANGING PAD & STORAGE CASE
For the Stylin' Mom and Baby on the go! This hip and functional diaper bag design helps to keep everything under control. It's easy access design even keeps your cell phone right where you can reach it (and hear it)!
Which view and size did you make?
only 1 size
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No
If not, why?
Mostly, but I did greatly modify the inside.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
No
If not, why?
They were almost written for the beginner seamstress and seemed tedious & redundant in many ways. Very wordy when not necessary.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Too wordy in the instructions which made it confusing at times. Also, the pattern pieces are designed so you have to use a ridiculous amount of fabric. You can not lay the bag body pieces side by side -thus also wasting a lot of fabric.
Fabric used
from my stash - some twill (instead of canvas as required, Moda dots & some from Hancocks
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
The cell phone pocket as designed was too small for iphones. MEASURE your cell phone & adjust the pocket size - even if it means adding it after the straps are sewn together because the placement truly is perfect. I also added padding to the front of the cell phone pocket - to help protect the screen. I deleted the 2 bottle pockets. I added 2 D-rings. One D-ring is for a match key fob I made (not included). The other was for an oversized wristlet (not included) that I added so mamma would have a zipper case for money, ID, etc.
Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes
Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes
Any additional comments
I only recommend this if you have PLENTY of time to read directions and want to use up 6.5 yds of fabric PLUS 1.5 yds of interfacing (minimum). If you can buy your fabric at $7.00 a yard, it will cost almost $50.00 just to make this bag. Add in another $25 or so to make the changing pad & holder; plus the cost of the pattern ($9) and this is one pricey combo. I will say the overall size is nice though.
Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-