User Tag List

Thread: Design 29 outerwear pants

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 29 outerwear pants

Size 92-128 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 29 outerwear pants

in 104cm, LOVE this, great slim pattern,made with elastic waist since that is what my ds requested. i think for an average kid, might need zipper.
    mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Patterns
    Pattern Manufacturer
    Ottobre design
    Pattern Name/Number
    #29 1/11 No Kung Fu
    Pattern Description
    Outerwear Pants
    Which view and size did you make?
    Size 98 with 104 length
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    No
    If not, why?
    I made alterations to the given pattern.
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    -
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    The versatility and ease of construction.
    Fabric used
    ripstop and cotton woven for pocket lining
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    I left off the bottom zippers (son would just play with them constantly!) and the knee patches as he didn't like them...also only added one pocket as that's what he wanted. I added to the length (went one size up) as my son is tall and skinny.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    Yes
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    Yes
    Any additional comments
    -
    Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
    -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lisa, barefoot & barmy mum to Jamie and partner to Russ, my Music Man...and Rheumatoid Arthritis fighter!

Downloads
    Uploads

I posted more pictures here

Ds wanted pants with big pockets and this was the pattern I thought of! I did the knee patches differently - I cut 1 piece from knit, and 1 from woven for each patch. I sewed them right sides together, all the way around, then snipped a small hole in the middle of the knit side to turn it right side out. Then topstitched and attached them as called for in the pattern.

I used light green topstitching to match the 2 shirts I made to go with these. I love all the topstitching! Takes a little bit of time, but the back pockets are really fun. I had made the girl version of these pants before and screwed up the cargo pockets, this time I figured them out and I love how they came out! Ds loves big pockets so I am going to have to make more of these or similar.

These are size 98 with an inch added for growing room length.
    ____________________ ____________________ _____________

<<< My shop for custom kids clothes, The Little Sewing Shop