User Tag List

Thread: Design 18 denim skirt

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 18 denim skirt

Size 98-140 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 18 denim skirt

Have almost finished this, but had an issue. I think that it is because I didn't cut the fabric on the bias that I had to cut the fabric part of the skirt wider? I think. Not quite finished but middle daughter insisted on wearing this afternoon.

excuse the dirty single...taken after curry dinner! Can't work out why image is SOOOOOO large?
    Last edited by NZMum; 01-30-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: add photo?

Downloads
    Uploads

I made it without the back pockets, being lazy, and with an elasticated waist, worked fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mama to Claudia-Jean 29/01/09

Downloads
    Uploads

I used pair of old adult jeans, so I used two backparts instead of one (couldn't cut width enough backpart). The waist is from adult jeans, so you can see old marks of waistband.

Downloads
    Uploads

I used a pair of adult jeans and made it with no backpockets and with an elasticated waist. Here is my version of it together with a top from the same magazine no 21

Last edited by malgru; 11-06-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Love, love, LOVE this pattern! I made size 110 with added length for my 5 year old. The fit is perfect on her. I did add elastic to the back inner waistband to make it more 'adjustable'. this does use a lot of fabric with the ruffle cut on the bias. I'll definitely make this again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Made this in a size 116. I used just the front and back yoke pieces and lengthened those into an a line denim skirt. No ruffles were added. The fit is fantastic. Will add a picture after the swap is over.

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 128cm, which is a bit big but ODD grabbed it off the sewing machine and wouldn't take it off. A good sign . I added buttonhole elastic into the waistband, but I don't think I needed to. I suspect this will end up too tight before long.

IMAG0611 by trimama12, on Flickr

Obviously too big, but she wasn't willing to let me put it away until she gets bigger . . .
    [
    IMAG0612 by trimama12, on Flickr

Topstitching The whole skirt was made from scraps.

IMAG0608 by trimama12, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

in 116cm with 122 length. great pattern, the waistband is a bit big on my dd, but straight forward, will make this again.

mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.