User Tag List

Thread: Design 12 tunic

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 12 tunic

Size 92-128 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 12 tunic

Raspberry Stripes Tunic by beach_mom_3, on Flickr

I made a size 104 and it's true to size. Sewing the woven placket into the knit is a little finicky but otherwise this is a pretty straightforward top to sew. I left off the pockets per my daughter's instructions. The opening is low (which is pretty clear according to the pics in the magazine) so it really needs a tee under it if you sew it according to the pattern. I think you could get away with stitching it closed more and still be able to get the top on and off.

eta: I cut the bias strips longer than the pattern called for. I just wanted to make sure that they'd be long enough. I'll probably go back and trim them shorter so they're not hanging so far down.
    Last edited by beachmom; 01-30-2011 at 05:35 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can't comment on the fit, but it sews up easily and the pieces fit together nicely. Love it for mixing knit and woven.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Love this one! I took out the seam allowances (skinny-mini child), so I probably shouldn't comment too much on the fit. I made the 128 for my 7 year old and it will be long enough to wear with capris (even without the seam allowances). I got this Laura Gunn Magnolia fabric in Mustard by accident but it matched my Scandi Chirp perfectly for this project, and gives the solid some texture, love it!

Ottobre 1/2011 Raspberry Tunic by Carriebc, on Flickr
    Last edited by carriebc; 03-08-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I also made the largest size, 128. Cutting it out it seemed so wide! I did take out about 2 inches in width just because I thought it was going to be too tent like. But otherwise, I think it fits just fine.

I made 2..

This placket looks pretty wonky!

Kelly

Visit my blog at

Downloads
    Uploads

Smallest size, 92. It's so cute!

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Help me, I can't stop making it!

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

I love this! I've never heard of Ottobre. How do I get these patterns?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer.1203 View Post
    I love this! I've never heard of Ottobre. How do I get these patterns?
    It's a Finnish pattern magazine. You can subscribe and/or order issues on www.ottobredesign.com, or at http://www.woolythread.com/ or http://www.sewzannesfabrics.com/index.php

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much! BTW- your designs came out beautiful!
    ~Jennifer

Blessed to be a wife to Steve & stay at home mommy~ Ethan Tyler-05/24/06, Makenna Aubrey-2/11/08, & Callie Addison-03/23/09

ISO- Tanya Whelan's Ava Rose fabric- Large Roses in Aqua- 2 yards please!