User Tag List

Thread: Video~ Using a built in automatic needle threader

Downloads
    Uploads

Video~ Using a built in automatic needle threader

It's not great but it gets the idea across... I had friends who kept mentioning their machine had this feature but they how to use it so I thought I would make a quick video to share!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtWu-udWaB0
    Kymy ~ Wife to Brian since 9/09 & mama to Zander 7/05 & ID twin girls Baylie & Carlie 5/07, Parker 2/11 & Kenzie Rae 9/12

My Crafty Blog & Pattern Shop~
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Can't believe Kenzie Rae is almost TWO.
    4 Days old & 22 months old!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Video~ Using a built in automatic needle threa

I was confused how someone wouldn't know how to use it, but after watching your vid, I see yours is very different to mine. Mine will thread anything but sz 8s automatically. I just hook the thread through the little clip, then across a cutter to remove excess length. Push down a lever, and like magic, it's done!

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for making this. I know many people (my own daughter included) who don't use their needle threader because they find it more difficult than threading the needle manually.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boingo82 View Post
    I was confused how someone wouldn't know how to use it, but after watching your vid, I see yours is very different to mine. Mine will thread anything but sz 8s automatically. I just hook the thread through the little clip, then across a cutter to remove excess length. Push down a lever, and like magic, it's done!
    What brand is yours? All the ones I have used so far have been like mine & most of the people who have watched it so far on the forum I originally made it for said theirs was like mine... but one did mention hers was different... maybe her's is like yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Helenanne View Post
    Thank you for making this. I know many people (my own daughter included) who don't use their needle threader because they find it more difficult than threading the needle manually.
    That's exactly why I made it . Another non-sewing forum I am on had a discussion about it & a bunch of them were talking about how useless they were & it was because it was too hard for them to figure out so they just did it the old fashion way instead because it was easier.
    Kymy ~ Wife to Brian since 9/09 & mama to Zander 7/05 & ID twin girls Baylie & Carlie 5/07, Parker 2/11 & Kenzie Rae 9/12

My Crafty Blog & Pattern Shop~

Can't believe Kenzie Rae is almost TWO.
    4 Days old & 22 months old!

Downloads
    Uploads

Mine is a Juki... I do have a needle threader a little bit like yours on my Brother embroidery machine though. But it's still different, it has fewer things to wind the thread through.

I *LOVE* the Juki's threader. I just hook the thread through that little clip, then push a lever. One hook pulls the thread down across the needle's eye, while a tiny hook pokes through the eye, grabs the thread, pulls it all the way through the eye. It works on all normal threads and all needles size 10 and up. Struggles with sz 8 needles.

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you! I'm going to try this. Even after reading the manual, I can't get mine to work.

Want to unload your Otto 2/12? Let me know

Stash Game Running Totals: 770 points/ 77 yards sewn