User Tag List

Thread: Design 22 Dumbo hipster panties

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 22 Dumbo hipster panties

Size 86-140 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 22 Dumbo hipster panties

Rise IMHO is too high, hitting DD right at her bellybutton. I also think the elastic in ribbing is overkill and too bulky. Next time I'll leave off the ribbing, just use regular elastic and they should be good. The coverage for her is great, and the fit IMHO is very true to their usual sizing. If you do a pair in anything but cotton lycra or other similar fabric with great recovery, you likely will need elastic in the leg openings (it just calls for flipping over and hemming).

Downloads
    Uploads

I made 8 of these for dd. I love the fit but found them a bit small. She is just 2 and I made 98 for her. I folded over the waist and serged on elastic as you would for leggings because I didn't care for the way the pattern did it. I also tried doing the fold over hem for the legs but thought it sagged so I ripped it out and put on binding with my CS. I love the way it looks

Dumbo Hipster Panties #22 otto 6/10 IV by Apple Dumpling Gear, on Flickr

Dumbo Hipster Panties #22 otto 6/10 III by Apple Dumpling Gear, on Flickr

Dumbo Hipster Panties #22 otto 6/10 by Apple Dumpling Gear, on Flickr
    Rebecca, Mom to Cai (07/05),Jonah (04/07), Shiloh (01/09)and wife to Sheldon (05/03).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I made a pair for Faith using size 110, which is a bit big for her right now. I agree the rise is high but in honesty it's a granny panty so i expected that. I did use picot edge elastic for the leg for a more snug fit. I also replaced waist w/ cotton/lycra waistband instead of doing ribbing w/ elastic in it.
    Sarah

Wife to John & mommy to princesses Faith & Olivia

Downloads
    Uploads

I made this pattern for dd and love it! I don't know that I have any pics but I want to say that the triple zig stitch on the leg works fine because this is such a boxy cut panty. It's not like it goes across the bum and could creep around. It's more boxy and low around the thigh. I like the rise too. Poor dd always has bum crack showing (she has that kind of build, no bum to hold up pants, etc) and these REALLY help that. I'll try to find a pic
    Proud bio mama to three- 23b, 19b, 15g
    Foster mama to many- J, b 12/2013, been here since 4/15 & L, b 8/16, been here since 11/16

Downloads
    Uploads

Trying a couple different ways of binding and doing elastic. I haven't found the best combination yet.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 134. I made these a while back but forgot to add them!

Kelly

Visit my blog at

Downloads
    Uploads

These are 110. I did not put elastic in the waistband and just used ribknit which seems to be holding up fine thus far. Cute pattern and dd says they are comfy.
    davi

~time out of mind

mama to sadie fay(6/14/06) and mira isis(4/13/09)

by
    , on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads

I made 8 pairs for these panties for Emilianne during the Fall 2012 stash game. I made her a size 140. The rise was OK on Emilianne. The legs gaped a bit and the front of the panties bunched strange on her. The back had nice coverage and she felt like they were comfy. I only had one rib knit color so the other panties had interlock at the top. I added a bit of length to the top piece if the knit didn't have much stretch, that helped. I thought the panties looked nice finished, but the fit just was great for Em. If I had made one or two first I would not have gone on to make more.

Last edited by nanirose; 09-07-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Mama to Trystan 22, Ty 19, Gracie 17, Gavin 13 and Emilianne 9. Wow the years have flew by...

Forever Missing my sweet Ron July 14, 1970 - June 18th, 2009