User Tag List

Thread: 303 - Women's Best Tops

Downloads
    Uploads

303 - Women's Best Tops

Creative workshop 303, Women's Best Tops, sizes 34-52

Post your pictures and reviews here, include alterations you made and your opinion of the pattern!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: 303 - Women's Best Tops

This is the scoop neck version. For the first time in my lifetime, my measurements match one size. I have made this several times, but I have always had to grade across sizes. I still love this pattern. This time, I made my measured size, and the fit is pretty good. I thought the middle looked a bit too baggy so I may even try one size down for the next shirt. I usually do a sloping shoulders adjustment, but I kept the pattern as is. I did add 1" to the bottom hem, and I took a full 1" hem. I used cotton lycra, and I prefer a deeper hem when I sew c/l. I may not add extra length on the next one since this looks a little long.

Last edited by sewingmel; 09-14-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Mel- mom to my two busy B's

My sewing blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My gluten-free blog-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: 303 - Women's Best Tops

I am liking this top, but its most definitely a "wear under something else" top. I tapered out the front to give me more room, but its still clingy. I think rather than trying to make it into something it isn't I should just accept the limitations of the design (and my figure), and find something else to be the type of top I want.

IMG_0619 by Datcat, on Flickr

Dani - Mum to a beautiful daughter, handsome son, and sadly missed angel Isabeau

- The barefoot seamstress ......smelling vaguely of mothballs and lavender, and craving chocolate badly.