User Tag List

View Poll Results: How useful is this review?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent!

1 100.00%
  • Very Helpful

0 0%
  • Helpful

0 0%
  • Needs More Info

0 0%
  • Unclear

0 0%

Thread: Anna Maria Multi-Tasker Tote

Downloads
    Uploads

Anna Maria Multi-Tasker Tote

Patterns
    Pattern Manufacturer
    Anna Maria
    Pattern Name/Number
    Anna Maria Multi-Tasker Tote
    Pattern Description
    Market. Coffee shop. Bank. Post. Preschool. Knitting Group. And it's only 12 noon. You have things to do and places to go, and this bag will be a faithfull friend all day long. Four easy to reach in and convenient outer pockets keep necessities at hand. Roomy inside with just enough structure & more pockets to make this the Multi-Tasker!
    Which view and size did you make?
    18"x14.5" x 4" deep~ only one option
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    Yes
    If not, why?
    n/a
    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    No
    If not, why?
    I am a fairly experienced bag maker. I love maing bags. This pattern has terrible directions. I was able to do some trial and error to figure it out since I have made bags before. The directions are unconventional on key areas, confusing and difficult to follow.
    What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
    The bag was a fair amount of work and is a large tote, but it looks mediocre design wise when finished.
    Fabric used
    I made 3 of these. Amy Butler fabrics and then a Moda 1974 and coordinate and also a third coordinating quilter cotton print
    Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
    I added a snap closure, added an extra pocket, added a grosgrain ribbon with keyfob closure instead of the look in the pattern. I moved the pull through opening slit to the bottom of the bag liner rather than in the original very visable middle center seam.
    Would you sew this pattern again?
    No
    Would you recommend this pattern to others?
    No
    Any additional comments
    This bag is not difficult. The directions were just poor. It doesn't take much interfacing which is really, really nice as far as cost. If you have made a few bags you can figure it out once you read the directions several times. If you are a new bag maker I would not start with this bag.
    Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
    Last edited by mom2a2z; 08-04-2010 at 01:55 PM.