User Tag List

Thread: Design 11 Outerwear pants

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 11 Outerwear pants

Size 62-92 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 11 Outerwear pants

See my notes on design 9 - these are basically the same pants.
    Sewing, running, and yoga loving mom DS#1 (6) , DD (5), and DS#2 (3).

Downloads
    Uploads

I really like these pants. The fit is great, and the details are wonderful. If you line them leave at least a 4 inch hole to pull the pants and lining through.
    ETA: After having my ds wear these the rise seems a bit short on his cloth diapered bum. I would add a bit to the rise if you cloth diaper.
    Last edited by ericaeli; 09-27-2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Erica mama to ds 1/2009
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I mixed details from the denim and outerwear versions. As said this is a GREAT pattern with lots of details but still is fast to make! After the first pair I figured out I prefer to tuck the pocket tops and sides into the seams instead of turning/topstitching them.

I really like the cuffs as they are long on my boy but the cuffs keep them from tripping him. They will still fit if his legs grow 3". LOVE THAT because he keeps outgrowing pants!!

, and

Downloads
    Uploads

Otto 4-10 #11 Love this pattern, will be making more!

Great fit, not too wide. The only thing was that the waist band was a little big, even though I used cotton lycra, so I stuck some elastic in there and will do that again next time.
    Mama to Zola ('07) and Felix('09)
    My sewing blog:

Downloads
    Uploads

Size 86. These pants went together super easy. I always look at Otto forums before I make a new pattern so that I can see if there are any issues.

For these pants I changed a few things like other posters.
    I extended the front pockets on the side and top so that they fit into the seam.
    I also thought the waistband was rather big so I also put a piece of elastic in it.
    I left off the flap on the back pockets. I knew after the first wash that it would be sticking up all the time since they are for my nephew and my sister doesn't own an iron. I guess I could have put some velcro on it!

Kelly

Visit my blog at

Downloads
    Uploads

Another pair in size 86 for my nephew. My sister loves them! She loves the cuffs at the bottom so that they don't ride up his legs. Made with a pair of recycled cord pants and some cord I had in my stash. And I totally copied the pocket idea from Erica above! It was so cute and I was dying to try it on a pair of pants for my nephew...

Kelly

Visit my blog at

Downloads
    Uploads

I love this pattern. Made it for my tall slim 5yo (size 92 with 4inches extra length) and the fit is fantastic. I used sweatshirt fleece and didn't bother with front knee detailing, pocket flaps on the back or belt loops. I also faced the front pockets iwth the same rib I used for the waistbadn and didn't put bottom cuffs as he doesn't like them.

Alison, Mum to Aiden (04/07) and Meg (09/10) and part time research chemist.

Currently ISO Vintage patterns, particularly girls dresses sizes 1-6y