User Tag List

Thread: Design 06 Anorak with flannel lining

Downloads
    Uploads

Design 06 Anorak with flannel lining

Size 62-92 cm

Post your pictures and notes about this pattern here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Design 06 Anorak with flannel lining

Just finished this up this morning. Total frustration/confusion trying to follow the placket instructions (and some trouble with other spots), but did finally figure the whole thing out. Worth the time - this jacket is awesome! Love the fit, love the details, love absolutely everything about it. If you used a double sided zipper it would be completely reversible. I lined mine with 200wt fleece instead flannel because I wanted it to be warmer and it is so huggable and soft. DD won't take it off - and it's 80 degrees right now

Going to try to make another one and do a sewalong while it's fresh in my memory - but in the meantime, bear with the (IMO) terrible instructions. This pattern rocks.

I will say - since DD is a skinny little thing I got away with it, but next time if I use fleece instead of flannel I'll a bit of extra ease through the sides and armpits. I'd also recommend doing this if you want to be able to layer it over heavy sweaters, the fit wasn't as loose as I expected. I sewed this in a straight 92, and I usually trace down a size or two in width for DD, so I expected the fit to be looser than it was.

She wanted to hold it while I took the pic:

Modeled: I lined it with 200wt fleece instead of flannel, and used fleece in place of the ribbing. This means the cuffs are much wider than they would have been if you followed the pattern and made cuffs out of something with more stretch.

Zipper closure on side (I would not omit this if you're using wovens, it would have been really hard to get the coat on without it). I was all proud of myself that I had the right length sport zip, and then realized it wasn't a separating zipper So no cute hang thingy like the one in otto had.

She LOVES this front pocket. It's the perfect size and placement for a toddler to actually be able to use.

And *I* LOVE when the inside of a garment is as nice as the outside. This could be reversible if used the right combination of fabrics and the right zipper.
    Last edited by jennie2; 08-19-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    Sewing, running, and yoga loving mom DS#1 (6) , DD (5), and DS#2 (3).

Downloads
    Uploads

This is a size 86. In agreement with everything jennie2 said above! This coat made me feel like a newbie! But I am glad it's done and I am glad it came out so cute and I am glad my sister very much appreciates mama made clothes for her little tyke.

Kelly

Visit my blog at

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

in 80cm with added length, the lining is poofy 8oz quilted nylon, fits the kid perfect. the side zipper is a must, probably not the best for chubby babies unless you go a size up. the kid i sewed this for was average. i also omitted the pocket since its not really useful for a 1 yo.

mom to a 12 years old girly girl and a 10 years old smarty pants little man.

All typos are hereby blamed on my iPad.