User Tag List

Thread: Fabric Group scam - Resolved

Downloads
    Uploads

Fabric Group scam - Resolved

Whoot! Got my money from fabric Group tonight! To clarify, yes paypal did list my money coming from Fabric group not from steph herself *shrugs*

I am writing a quick post to update everyone regarding my 'lost' package. The last time I spoke to steph was after septermeber 18 2009. When I reqested a refund on my shipping (to reship my lost package I found at her PO). At the time she said that her PO still could not find the package. I opened a PP dispute and was refunded. Today I spoke with the USPS accounting office and was informed that they awarded Steph (mod and incharge of shipping) $125 parital payment on my insurance claim. The check was sent to her August 4 2009. So, when I spoke to her she either already had the check and claimed the package was still lost or the check arrived to her shortly after. Either way, I was not informed.

I was also informed that my pkg was sent from stephs PO to the dead letter center December 2009 because it was not picked up from the PO. From there all it's contents were either auctioned off or destroyed. I have informed the fabric to send me the $125 they were awarded and that I am reporting them to the BBB and the attorney general. I would suggest that if you are currently in a transaction with the group or know anyone who is to file with PP to have your money returned to you before they close/delete the group or otherwise. And, if you have had past unresolved issue to report them to the BBB, etc.
    Last edited by umma; 04-21-2010 at 10:28 PM.
    Mom to 2. One craft crazed, crunchy - earth
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    , off the beaten path, hippy mama
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ISO: Fusible fleece, flexi firm interfacing, Wonder tape, Food fabric

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fabric Group scam - pull out

Wow. Scammers suck. I hope you get your refund.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have her information you could also file criminal charges as well as possibly postal fraud charges.
    Eva
    Spending all my money on sewing supplies, soaping supplies, dance and gymnastics

Downloads
    Uploads

Wasn't there some lady on a recent thread that said she was a new moderator? Melanie I think was her name and that the Steph lady wasn't involved anymore? I hope you get your money back!
    Tera
    Mom to Madelyn, Harley, Emily and Samuel!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mommytomaddyharley View Post
    Wasn't there some lady on a recent thread that said she was a new moderator? Melanie I think was her name and that the Steph lady wasn't involved anymore? I hope you get your money back!
    Yep..I think that was her name.
    ~~Michelle~~

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep Melanie is running it now. I left after having issues myself with them. I posted a thread about my experience last month and did a review of the group.

Sorry this happen to you Umma!
    Nicole
    SAHM of
    DD (8) and
    DS (5)

ISO Anything? Still have lots of knits let to sell just ask me

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm so sorry Umma.

Debbie

Christopher is here! June 10, 2010
    Weighed 7lb 6oz, 21 in long.
    Totally adorable!

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you get your refund.
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]
    I live for that face.

Downloads
    Uploads

Umma,

Melanie just sent me this link for this post and am appalled. I sent you a message when I received the check from the post office. I deposited it back in the beginning of October and then I emailed you to ask if you wanted me to deposit it in your paypal account or if you wanted me to send you certified funds to your mailing address in Saudi Arabia. I sent you at least 2 or 3 emails and never heard back from you, so I left it in your court.

I haven't heard from you since - I do have the money for you and will gladly send it to you once you advise how you want me to send it. I will gladlly forward you the emails that I sent in regards to this money if you would like to see them, to show that I did try to contact you…I don’t know what else to say.

By the way, I'm not affiliated with the FabricGroup any longer. I took a back seat early last year when I found out I was pregnant, but was still doing the shipping for the group, but I haven't been involved at all since late last year... I turned the group over to other folks who have the time for it. All that I know is that Melissa had taken over and now Melanie is running the group. I have too much going on to run the group and other great women have stepped up to do it.

Please let me know how you would like the refund sent and I will send it immediately.

Sorry for the mix up, I am not trying to keep your money - I will send it over as soon as I hear from you, please email me your paypal address if that is easiest for you - ....I have emailed you directly with my email address. I will check it tonight. Thank you.

Steph

Downloads
    Uploads

I have replied to steph via e-mail and have sent you my paypal addy. However with regard to the e-mail you (steph) have supposedly sent me I haven't received anything. I have not heard from you since I pulled my last pp out because you didn't ship the package, that last payment was made sept 18, what happened? all that time, when all I did was call your local PO and have them manually search for it? I've saved all the e-mails we have sent between each other. And, at one point I left my phone number on your answering machine and in an e-mail to you if you needed to contact me. One e-mail missing is fine, but missing 2-3 is out there, to say the least.

You also know I am a memeber of this sewing board (that is how you first contacted me to make a purchase through the group) you could have sent me a PM here or posted on the group looking for me. If not that you could have at least had the insurance money sent to my name and addy, instead of your own. I did send you a correct updated address when the package first went missing. And, the package sat at the PO until Decemeber before being forwarded to the dead letter center. I have e-mails and the PO has spoken to me a number of times to prove that I've still been looking for my package.

To Melaine, the new mod of the fabric group- I apologize for putting the group out there, I was only updating the sewing board regarding my issue. Sadly, there have been a number of post here complaining about the group as well so, I am happy to know that it has changed hands and you are working to fix the groups 'issues'. Thank you so much for contacting steph for me and helping to fix my issue.
    umma

Downloads
    Uploads

What am I saying... Steph you've had my paypal addy since our last conversation in mid September! and every other time before then. You could have just sent the insurance claim money to my paypal! The fabric group would have it on record too while you were still working in the shipping area.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fabric Group scam - Resolved

Please leave feedback here since this is where your transaction started so that no one else has to go through this.

Glad you got your refund, finally!
    Last edited by Kori; 04-21-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Fabric Group scam - Resolved

I am so glad you finally got this resolved. I have been following this since the beginning and was interested to see how it was being handled. Bad customer service should be outed and is hard for a business to overcome.